Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Huh?

Well, let's see. If you get rid of the china cabinet and move the sofa a few feet...

Bryyyyyyannnnnnn.......you wannnnnnnnnt thissssssss......you must haaaaaaaave it........ Kim will never knoooooooooooow......
Old 07-27-2005, 08:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

I pulled the auction today due to lack of interest, I needed the space but will just have to get rid of something else to make more room for this behemoth!
Old 07-28-2005, 11:28 AM
VideoKarma Member

Veg, you're just trying to get back at me for talking you into that Sylvania!

I am really surprised nobody grabbed this set. Geez, folks are on here left & right complaining they can never find a roundie & here it is, working, decent price, & its not something run of the mill, either.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:21 PM
VideoKarma Member

It's too big, It's too ugly, It's too far, Maybe it's because Michigan has bad roads and people have to drive through the worst part of Detroit to pick stuff up from me!
At least that is what I have heard as excuses a few times...
Wish I could offer free delivery or a smaller, prettier set to those nice people but am not independently wealthy right now!!
Heck, I have even offered FREE working 60's sets including roundies on this forum in the past with no takers!
Go figure...

Last edited by captainmoody; 07-28-2005 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:15 PM
...enjoys spaghetti.

Capt'n,

You can always count on me before it hits the curb... Even if I only sit on it for a while, lol.

At least it's not too far to drive (although it takes me through the worst part of the Shores...lol)

Audiokarma
Old 08-02-2005, 05:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

Shame Pulled

It's not everyday a nice TV is offered for sale & NOT someone's project. If it was closer, I would of happily bidded on it. You guys missed the boat(newer collectors wanting a nice set). TV was easily worth $100 bucks completely operational w/sound system to boot. If first time collector wanted a great set ready to turn on, should of bidded. I'm sure $100 can go quick into paying for repairs properly done, ---or parts alone. Maybe captain----------- good for you to hold on TV for a while, sets not going to go down in value anyways???????
Old 08-02-2005, 08:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

My problem is 5 kids and lack of space, had to build another room in the basement and you know what that does to the collection! I spent 50.00 for the set a little over a year ago and went through it repairing the cataract on the tube as well as replacing a few other things to make it a good useable unit. $100.00 was reasonable considering what I had purchased it for as well as the repairs..
Anyway, I managed to give away two other consoles yesterday to make room for this combo. Now I can actually use it in the corner of the basement!
Old 08-02-2005, 10:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

Captain,
If i had a way to come and get it i would have bought it from you as its worth every penny you were asking. It is almost a twin to my RCA CTC12 combo i have and similar to Charlie's Curtis Mathes. I understand about the space but am glad you decided to keep it for at least a while anyway as at least its in a good home.
-Tony
Old 08-03-2005, 06:13 AM
VideoKarma Member

Gee Whiz, If I only had a drivers licsense and knew how to get to Michigan. I'm working on the licsense issue and I think my old US atlas circa 19too old is somewhere around here. No Roundie in need of rescue shall go orphaned once I'm back on the road! (hopefully I won't create any orphans once I'm back on the road)