Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-21-2016, 01:02 PM
Slave to 1 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
Oh.I forgot about that one."St. Elsewhere" was a good show and others mentioned already.Speaking of "St. Elsewhere". The doctor in St. Elsewhere was the voice of KITT in Knightrider.Also I like Knightriders closing too.
"St. Elsewhere," now that's a show I haven't seen in a while.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowhereMan 1966 View Post
Actually Mr. Cannell used his old Selectric typewriter up until he passed away a few years ago.
Wow.I did not know that.His family should put it into the Smithsonian or a TV show museum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowhereMan 1966 View Post
"St. Elsewhere," now that's a show I haven't seen in a while.
I agree.Great TV.1980's was the last good decade of good TV shows.In the 1990's there were some good shows but the reality shows were starting to take over cable and then the networks.After that it went down hill into the current crap that we have now.

Heres a complete episode of "St. Elsewhere," on YT.I'll watch it later since I just found it now with Youtube search..

https://youtu.be/95XwRjYufZA
Old 10-11-2016, 05:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

How about this variant of the MTM cat from the Newhart show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz8ewq8mxRI

ETA: Neil Cicierega ends the "Alanis" Full House mashup with a bunch of production company jingles: https://youtu.be/klQTj76Qo9k?t=49s

Last edited by rpm1200; 10-11-2016 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:15 AM
VideoKarma Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr3C8d0nEss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj4SBMzKk7U
Old 04-07-2018, 12:46 PM
TheUniversalDave1

Gracie Films. My all time favorite closing sequence. Especially with the classic jingle.
https://youtu.be/q_slAJmZBeQ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3531.jpg (18.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 04-07-2018, 01:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

I remember that one too!
Old 04-07-2018, 08:03 PM
console lover

Not sure what there are properly called, probably something more like a production company's "tag". I'm old-school, so I'll go with either Filmways or Screen Gems' S of doom.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:06 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
I agree.Great TV.1980's was the last good decade of good TV shows.In the 1990's there were some good shows but the reality shows were starting to take over cable and then the networks.After that it went down hill into the current crap that we have now.

That is exactly why I watch MeTV, Antenna TV and COZI a lot more than I watch the broadcast networks, not to mention my own collection of classic TV DVDs and VHS tapes. (I only watch the networks for the evening news and an occasional--I do mean occasional--program.) TV did start to go downhill in the worst way by the 1990s, and has continued to do so ever since. The retro TV subchannels I mentioned are, IMO, the best thing to happen to TV in years, if not decades or generations. Today's network shows are (or at least seem to be) geared toward millennials and younger viewers, considering the programs have so much violence, shooting and so on; it is apparently what that generation wants to see on its giant flat screen TVs. Today's network TV seems to be aimed squarely at viewers of that age group, leaving folks like myself (I'm almost 62 years old) and others in my generation with nothing much to watch except the retro DTV subchannels, DVDs of shows from the '50s to the '70s, and PBS. Thank goodness for the last, as it is, again IMO, the last "good" TV network in the US.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:28 PM
TheUniversalDave1

The only things I watch on television are The Simpsons and Family Guy, and I can get both of those OTA, so I just don't have a use for Netflix, Directv, or what have you. Now if Futurama gets resurrected again by some miracle, that will be a different story.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:28 AM
Slave to 1 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhs View Post
That is exactly why I watch MeTV, Antenna TV and COZI a lot more than I watch the broadcast networks, not to mention my own collection of classic TV DVDs and VHS tapes. (I only watch the networks for the evening news and an occasional--I do mean occasional--program.) TV did start to go downhill in the worst way by the 1990s, and has continued to do so ever since. The retro TV subchannels I mentioned are, IMO, the best thing to happen to TV in years, if not decades or generations. Today's network shows are (or at least seem to be) geared toward millennials and younger viewers, considering the programs have so much violence, shooting and so on; it is apparently what that generation wants to see on its giant flat screen TVs. Today's network TV seems to be aimed squarely at viewers of that age group, leaving folks like myself (I'm almost 62 years old) and others in my generation with nothing much to watch except the retro DTV subchannels, DVDs of shows from the '50s to the '70s, and PBS. Thank goodness for the last, as it is, again IMO, the last "good" TV network in the US.
I hear ya! I'm down here in the Ohio River Valley just north of Wheeling and south of Steubenville so I just get two VHF channels on rabbit ears, 9 out of Steubenville and 7 out of Wheeling. I'm very grateful 9 carries MeTV on it's 9.3 subchannel. That's one good thing about the transition to DTV, at least you can have the subchannels for things like this. I'm watching Nightstalker now.
Audiokarma
Old 06-19-2018, 04:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

Green Acres with Eva Gabor saying, "This has been a film ways presentation, darling".
Sony KV-1220U
Old 06-19-2018, 05:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

Porky Pig stuttering through "That's all Folks !"
Old 06-19-2018, 05:05 PM
I love old stuff

I was thinking about that too