Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:01 PM
TubeType Sets

CT-100 Lid Match & Swap

I have a mismatched cabinet lid S/N 504 that I am willing to swap for cabinet lid S/N 18.

Does anyone have lid S/N 18?
Does anyone need lid S/N 504?

I will be bringing my lid with me to the 2010 ETF Convention, starting April 23rd.

BTW: If you look at the last page of SAMS Photofact Set 252, Folder 11, you will see cabinet S/N 4. You will need to zoom in real close to the cabinet's upper right corner. TC

Caretaker: RCA CT-100
Terry's Tube-Type Sets
Old 04-07-2010, 04:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

Pete Deksnis'site had a list of many CT-100 serial #'s. Unfortunatly his site is no longer on line. Lid #18 is pretty low. I think the lowest # I"ve seen is #17 owned by a VK'er here in So. Ca. Maybe Pete can tell you if lid #18 is around or if someone has cabinet #504 and needs the matching lid. What is the # on the back of the wood panel below the pencil box?

-Steve D.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:07 PM
TubeType Sets

Hello Steve,

The insert below the pencil box is S/N 164. I'll bring it along to exchange for S/N 18.

I did not find lid S/N 18 or cabinet S/N 504 on Pete's original CT-100 S/N list. I was hoping for a match out there somewhere.

All three cabinet parts on my other CT-100 are S/N 600.

Caretaker: RCA CT-100
Terry's Tube-Type Sets
Old 04-08-2010, 12:42 PM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

I don't know what the cabinet number was, but I saved the lid from my CT-100 destroyed in the 1988 fire. That lid wound up with another collector, and I also had a lid floating around from a CT-100 I junked in the 80s. That one had a big gash out of one of the rear corners, as if it got flung off the cabinet during moving. A ton of my fire-salvaged CT-100 parts went on eBay in the late 90s, to an AKer who posted in this thread earlier.

Charles
Old 04-08-2010, 02:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

Terry,

I'm sure you're aware that many CT-100's left the RCA Victor factory with mis-matched cabinet #'s. Quite a few didn't pass final inspection before crating and shipping. These sets were sent back down the line for needed repairs. When the chassis ect. were repaired and tested the lids and inserts and even the cabinets were taken from a random stock. Also, several dozen CT-100's were given (sold) to NBC, CBS and other broadcast outlets as control room and transmitter monitors. The first thing to be removed was the wood insert, for quicker access for setup and ajustments. Many of these were tossed or lost. Many unsold and recalled CT-100's were donated to technical schools and lids and inserts were swapped. Not to say that the numbers you are looking for aren't out there. Keep searching. CT-100's seem to be popping up every week or so.

-Steve D.
Audiokarma