Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2017, 08:42 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Some memories of childhood viewing from the late 60s/early 70s:

Getting woken up in the wee hours of the morning to watch the moon landing. I fell asleep standing up, wedged between my mom's legs and the couch. I just remember the MAN ON MOON across the bottom of the screen.

Back-to-back episodes of Lassie - when the second one came on, we had to high-tail it to school.

Batman - we sat on the floor about three feet from the Silvertone B/W console set, and rarely moved, too scared for Batman. I was a "me-too" watcher - my older brother the huge fan.

In the News with Christopher Glenn - every Saturday before the Cosby kids. Afterward, either tune the set to the only college football game or to Wide World of Sports. Walk away after the dude on the skis wiped out.... Christopher Glenn got me interested in the news - for life..

Friday night, getting to stay up late until my dad came home from the TV shop with a package of cookies for us kids and getting to stay up late after the Brady Bunch. Later, one of us got to go to the shop with him on Friday nights. I played in the 20-yr box, asking 30 questions an hour. One night I got to build a relaxation oscillator with a neon bulb, resistor and capacitor, all across a big 90V battery. Never once did I stay in the showroom watching TV - Truth or Consequences and the Friday Horror movie never interested me.

Watching Evel Knievel jump just about anything in front of Caesar's Palace.

Watching Connie's Magic Cottage (a local children's show with Connie Hindmarsh) and just being mesmerized. Cap'n Kangaroo was okay, but I wanted to watch other stuff on morning TV - Bowling for Dollars was cool!
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!