Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:40 AM
VideoKarma Member

I have way to much! HELP!

Hello folks,

Julian Burke here and a dose of reality has hit me hard lately and I just have too much stuff. I have wanted to do a museum here in Knoxville but everything is just taxing me physically beyond belief. I have 4 buildings that are just full (actually 5) with pathways in them. I don't have one of everything, I seem to have 3 or four each of them and I just have to cut down on collecting.

I had a junk guy come by yesterday to get a pickup load of stuff (nothing valuable) which helped a little but still have little room.

I have some complete CTC5's, one has a CRT in it the other not. I have to cut down as this is beginning to affect my health. I also have high end pieces that I might sell but I don't know what to do for the moment as I am overwhelmed. It would be nice for some of you to come and I would give a good deal on what needs to go. I also have the 1952 DODGE Route Van with a complete original TV studio in it all set up for TK11 cameras (no camera-just CCU's) and has a Western Electric audio board in it and this van is the only one known to exist. Came from WGN originally and the City of Knoxville gave me a lot of grief over it. I just have to cut down a little on the big stuff to perhaps simplify my life!

Anyone else feel this way? I would like to have one small warehouse and only my house for this collection. I would like to move at least 10 or so TV's. Let me know how you guys feel and if you want to call me direct my cell is 865-567-8960. Everything would be pick up only Knoxville, Tn. I don't have the time or the strength to list items individually right now.

For right now I would like to move a few CTC5's and get them out of the way and see what else is hiding behind them!! Early this year the city gave me a lot of grief with an auto part in the parking lot of my main building. All of my properties are zoned I-3 which is as heavy duty as you can get to include a salvage yard. For more on that Google: http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/ma...-owners-anger/ They also threatened to come into the building and check for fire code violations and you know what that would be like!

Last edited by julianburke; 09-29-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:53 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

While I have met Julian, I unfortunately have never had the privilege of seeing his vast collection...But I know someone who has, Terry DeWick, & he says its as Julian says... I'd prolly DROWN in Drooling over it...
Old 09-26-2013, 01:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote: "It would be nice for some of you to come and I would give a good deal on what needs to go".

Well Julian, that starts like a good first step. Maybe between now and the next ETF you can decide on what to load up and take there too.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

I'm standing down on video equipment these days, but older pro audio processors and microphones would surely get my attention. I have some friends in Nashville who may be interested in a visit, and who would put such equipment to back to work again recording music, not just flipping it.

I would, however, make room for a RCA 77DX microphone or two...

Best of luck, and drop me a PM if you wish.

Chip
Old 09-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

All I can say in response to the description of this collection is, holy crap.
Audiokarma
Old 09-26-2013, 04:46 PM
Administrator

I'm feeling overwhelmed by the amount of "Stuff" I've collected also, it's hard to let go of stuff or resist the urge to browse Craigslist and find more.
Finding other collectors who won't repurpose sets into fishtanks isn't easy, if it were I wouldn't mind parting with a few things.

Seems like we just pass it back and forth among ourselves.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Julian, as you know we are always in need of financial help to fund the museum. Maybe you could donate some of your surplus stuff for our next auction. That way you would weed out stuff and help us too.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:27 PM
Not sure how I got here.

That feeling must be catching..... I'm thinkin of a 5 year plan to fix the house, sell the crap, and get the hell out of this area..... That includes hookin' the big tv's.... Once they are working.... Yah, 5 years....
Old 09-26-2013, 06:10 PM
First Light: 1952-2011

Julian, I've sent you multiple emails in the past about checking out what you have. Maybe you'd allow me to make a visit now?
Old 09-26-2013, 07:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

Honestly I don't remember any of them but I do forget. Just give me a call listed in the posting and come on down!
Old 09-26-2013, 07:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

[QUOTE=Chip Chester;3083429]I'm standing down on video equipment these days, but older pro audio processors and microphones would surely get my attention. I have some friends in Nashville who may be interested in a visit, and who would put such equipment to back to work again recording music, not just flipping it.

I would, however, make room for a RCA 77DX microphone or two...

Best of luck, and drop me a PM if you wish.

Thanks but many of these mikes do made it to Nashville occasionally and they are the least of my storage "wars" problems!
Old 09-28-2013, 01:24 AM
Marco Bacigalupo

Hi Julian, I understand your problem, now I'm looking for only few pieces for my collection, because to have too much things prevents to be able to benefit that very important and that more delights our life and passions.
You are a great expert in vintage TV and perhaps can know a particular RCA TV set that I'm looking for, the CTC7 Worthington ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKqntuJvWEE ) and its special remote control.
Already I wrote a post in the past about this TV set ( http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=257757 )

I'm an able restorer of vintage sets, you can see my restoration of my Hammond Novachord where I handcrafted more of 700 capacitors, for this wonderful instrument filled with 163 vacuum tubes! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPVqLphHERg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwHc6hofTm4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwxmHZaYORc

You can touch me on marco.bacigalupo@radiomeccanica.com
Thank you so much!
Old 09-28-2013, 02:21 PM
VideoKarma Member

julian wrote: "Thanks but many of these mikes do made it to Nashville occasionally and they are the least of my storage "wars" problems!"

Seeing them actually used for recording is a much better fate than seeing them on my shelf.

Chip
Old 09-29-2013, 01:50 AM
Living The Draper Ethos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chester View Post
julian wrote: "Thanks but many of these mikes do made it to Nashville occasionally and they are the least of my storage "wars" problems!"

Seeing them actually used for recording is a much better fate than seeing them on my shelf.

Chip
As someone who is currently in the process of opening an analog recording studio in NE Ohio, I can appreciate this. I'm currently in the process of restoring a RCA BC3C tube mixing console that would go great with those mics. Glad to see that they're still seeing use!

Last edited by fsjonsey; 09-29-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:19 PM
console lover

Julian, do you have any Admiral color sets from the 1956-57 line? If so which ones?