Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-18-2019, 04:58 PM
Workin' Late Again

One thought if you're insistent on adjusting the IF coils, is that the Video IF response is not peaked to one frequency like an AM radio, there is a specific band pass response curve which is shown in the Sams alignment instructions. If your memory is good study that curve and the corresponding frequencies associated with each coil before you just go willy nilly cortwerkulating on things.
Old 12-26-2019, 07:58 AM
VideoKarma Member

Stupid law? I don’t think so. Why would you continue to manufacture products that consume 10 times the power, last a fraction of the time and cost less? To provide the population with dim bulb testers? But why stop there... let start hunting whales again for fuel oil. I think this thread should be devoid of political comments but don’t be surprised if you get a contrary comment.

We all love these old machines but we live in a world that has advanced far beyond tube technology. Don’t condemn advancement, learn and find other ways to measure and test these old beauties. Buy or build a current limited power supply. Pick up some high wattage resistors of simply serial/parallel with what you CAN find. Read a book on troubleshooting and I’ll bet you’ll have not only a better understanding of these systems but you’ll enjoy it more.