Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Workin' Late Again

Dave,

Take a look at these items I just spyed on ebay. Maybe something you're needing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vtg-RCA-TV-Indus...item587d454ef3

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vtg-RCA-TV-Indus...item587d454efc

http://cgi.ebay.com/RCA-COLOR-TV-TES...item5638f67eb4

Kevin
Old 02-05-2011, 02:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

I've got a CTC-10C set, but its got a danish cabinet. I have no idea what model it is because the stickers are all gone from the chassis and CRT, plus the back was gone when I got the set... and the CRT was broken.

My plate safety glass is not tinted. It's clear.

The COLOR logo under the CRT fell apart on my set. I used super-glue to attach it back, and it is discolored now over where the glue was applied. I see it everytime I look at it.

As for durability, my set had several tubes replaced along with the CRT (an FBP... I didnt know about the color differences with the CYP) I've replaced one electrolytic can, and disabled the varistor. The set runs fairly well, and has decent color. I've had mine since 1975.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

Probably the CTC-10 "Hathaway" model 211-CD-89 in Walnut. W/O remote. The remote version was "The Longport" model.

-Steve D.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks for that information, Steve.

Hathaway sure doesent sound danish to me...

I have GOT to take some pictures of this set. Somewhere, I have an old Polaroid SX-70 picture of the set with color-bars on the screen.

I've got to say it: The pictures above of this set are sure showing some beautiful colors!! My set has never been that vivid!

Bruce
Old 02-05-2011, 04:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

Bruce,

Go to Ed Reitan's Color TV History site: Ed Reitan's Color Television History
Address:http://www.novia.net/~ereitan/

Scroll down to CTC-10 Models, click on, to find a list that includes the "Longport"/"Hathaway" model.

-Steve D.
Audiokarma
Old 02-05-2011, 05:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks, Steve. That's my set. My knobs are different, as they came from a CTC-11. My 10C has survived 6 moves, and a couple of hauls up and down flights of stairs. I had issues with bad ground tabs at one point, but after I soldered it up, it never happened again.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Workin' Late Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmesuser01 View Post
I've got a CTC-10C set, but its got a danish cabinet. I have no idea what model it is because the stickers are all gone from the chassis and CRT, plus the back was gone when I got the set... and the CRT was broken.
Hi,

I think you have the same cabinet that I found my CTC-11 in. I wish I had the safety glass version, but I'm not complaning.

http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=249905

BTW, my camera makes the screen shot colors look a little more vivid than in actuality. You can tell that the color tint in the background is a little goofy. So apparently the camera is somehow adjusting to the bright light of the screen. It’s about impossible for me to get decent screen shots with the room lights on. It’s a pretty cheap camera, plus the guy operating it is not exactly a pro photographer.

Kevin

Last edited by Kevin Kuehn; 02-05-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Tonight, I have renamed my Roundie, "Jane." Kind-of goes with the Hathaway name.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kuehn View Post
So apparently the camera is somehow adjusting to the bright light of the screen. It’s about impossible for me to get decent screen shots with the room lights on.
Join the club! My digital "auto-everything" camera frequently auto-adjusts in ways that produce wrong screen colors. Black & white screens look blue, the entire screen is too bright because the camera adjusted to brighten the darker surroundings, etc.

Some cameras let you choose settings for different types of light. You can also bring more/different lights into the room, buy photography light bulbs with different color temperatures . . . it's a whole 'nother topic.

Phil Nelson
Old 02-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Workin' Late Again

Phil, I hear ya... I'm just thankful we can all share the pictures as easily as we do these days. This would be a whole nother experience if we had to mail them out. I'm also very thankful that I can load pictures directly to this site, without a host.

Kevin
Audiokarma
Old 02-05-2011, 07:25 PM
First Light: 1952-2011

How much storage for pics do we have, anyway? I've been posting a lot of pics, and the bar never seems to fill up.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Workin' Late Again

I located nice (looking) Sylvania Test-a-color jig, complete with a pile of adaptors, but it seems the CRT shows bad grid leakage on the green gun. It has a MV13VAHP22 CRT in it. I wonder how scarce that tube is to find these days? Will a 13VAHP22 also work it this application? I've no idea what the MV stands for. Thanks for any ideas.

Kevin