Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

I own a 58'RCA Grenoble Deluxe,..with a remote control the power tranny was bad,and got a new one from Moyers in Sunbury.Penn..it was the last one they had in stock..the cabinet/original picture tube is in mint condition
Old 04-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Marco Bacigalupo

Great! The Grenoble model used the same CTC7 chassis as the Worthington that I said. It's a very beutiful set!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:12 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hi Marco

A little off-topic. Just wanted to say your jukebox restorations are great!
Old 04-04-2013, 01:56 AM
Marco Bacigalupo

Thank you wkand, yes! vintage tv sets are not my sole passion, and I make these restorations as job too. I work also in Hammond organs, and the greater restoration that I ever made is my Hammond Novachord! 163 Electron tubes in a wonderful instrument! If anyone of you is registered, you can see it at https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
I know also that in many countries the movie on Youtube that I made about the restoration of a AMI H-120 is blocked for copyright. You can see it at: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
However my first fall in love has been the radio and TV sets, especially "roundie" and color models.

Last edited by radiomec; 04-04-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiomec View Post
:Hammond Novachord! .
I have seen one, Who is your favorite Hammond player?
Audiokarma
Old 04-04-2013, 11:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

As the owner of a Clavioline and a Solovox, I'm very envious of the Novachord. I wish I knew someone who could translate those videos from Italian to English!

Phil Nelson
Phil's Old Radios
http://antiqueradio.org/index.html
Old 04-05-2013, 01:34 AM
Marco Bacigalupo

NewVista, I like a lot of musical kinds and I don't have a true favorite Hammond player. Of course players as Jimmy Smith or Tony Monaco or Joey DeFrancesco are great musicians, but I love also the Hammond Organ sound of old songs or pieces of Ethel Smith etc...
Phil, you're right, I'd like to make a DVD with the story of my restoration in English too. I first must finish the text that I'm writing and to record other movies, then I'll assemble all pictures that I pick up to my "beast" during the restoration. I rebuilt over than 700 capacitors in their original tinplated-brass tube casings! For the time being you can hear the sound of my Novachord in the second part of my movie preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwHc6hofTm4
Me too own a very nice Hammond Solovox, furthermore other organs BCV, C3, Concert E, A100, H100, M3 and a very nice S chord organ.
However I enjoy your wonderful radio and tv sets in your very nice site. I knew it since several years ago!
Now I hope to find a nice RCA color tv set, and the Worthington would be perfect! But I think that it won't be easy!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Ethel Smith etc...
:
I was hoping you would mention Ethel [Gold]smith. I like her arrangement of Kalmer & Ruby's 'Three Little Words' (1930) - with her clever C6/9? decent at the end.

Last edited by NewVista; 04-05-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:14 AM
Marco Bacigalupo

Yes, very nice! I'd like to find the wonderful Hammond Organ promo movie "Building Organ Tones", with Ethel Smith. It is also on Youtube, but unfortunately it's in very poor state. It show Ethel at beginning and at the end of the film and show the production of the Hammond generators.
Then, very nice is also the film "Bathing Beauty" with Ethel in very good shape!
Old 04-20-2013, 05:46 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
..with Ethel.. also on Youtube, .. also the film "Bathing Beauty" ..!
I just uploaded one of her tunes (perfect registrations & countermelodies)
Audiokarma
Old 04-21-2013, 07:48 AM
Marco Bacigalupo

Yes, very fine!
She was a great organist!
Old 07-31-2014, 08:06 AM
Marco Bacigalupo

Does anybody know what other models were made from RCA with the big 14 function remote control, with the CTC-7, CTC-9 and maybe others chassis?
Thanks!
Old 07-31-2014, 08:42 AM
Australian Young'un

Quote:
Hello to everyone, my name is Marco and I'm an Italian guy. I'm new one on Videokarma and I'm the happy owner of a very fine Zenith Parkhurst 5231U, perfectly working.
I'm intrigued by the fact that a Zenith made it to Italy! Do you know any of the history behind it?

Chris
Old 07-31-2014, 02:13 PM
Marco Bacigalupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane500skyliner View Post
I'm intrigued by the fact that a Zenith made it to Italy! Do you know any of the history behind it?

Chris
Hi, my Zenith Parkhurst wasn't made for Italy, I bought it in 2005 from the US, a very kind lady sold it to me. In those years I couldn't use it for the normal tv stations, because we had the PAL system. I could use it only with dvd players NTSC setted. Today, with every digital decoder I can see the normal tv programming.
However in Italy a lot of Zenith tv sets were sold in Tuscany, because an electronic laboratory converted them with PAL system for foreign tv stations that arrived in Italy before the normal italian color transmissions in 1977.