Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Mark

A roundie found ME this time.

I got a message here on AK from a member that lives in Kenosha about a Zenith roundie that he wanted to get a new home for. This was Saturday, I didn't get the message until yesterday because I was in Appleton picking up some sets. I was sick Monday so when I finally got the message I thought man, I hope he didn't get rid of it already, I never find roundies so close to home. He didn't, his name is Joe. He is a very nice member of AK, he just doesn't make himself well known. He was also nice enough to let me come over after 9 last night to come get this thing. At first when he told me it was only 20 bucks I didn't know what to expect, but parts are worth more than that so I figured it was worth it sight unseen. My mouth almost hit the floor when I saw this thing. It has some cigarette smoke inside but I'll clean that. It also appeared to have a cataract but it is a 21FBP22, there is just smoke between the safety glass and the CRT, no biggie. It needs a convergence yoke because it is that white plastic one that is broken like those always are. You can also see that the blue lateral magnet is way out of adjustment. The set is dated 2-4-63 on the inside of the cabinet. The model is 5005-2. It uses the 26KC20 chassis. It also appears to have the original CRT that has the code of the ninth week of 1963 and an EIA code 274. The set works with a bright CRT but is in desperate need of recapping. It won't be powered up again until that is done. One of the caps popped when he powered it up the other day. There is now horizontal "snaking" and some "blooming". Joe most definitely found it a good home, I do not plan to ever sell this one. He found it at an estate sale just down the street from his house. Thanks again for such a great set Joe!!!

I move these things by myself by strapping it to the dolly then lowering it to the ground with the dolly resting on the tailgate{very bad for the 'ol spine but good for the tv!}

There always seems to be an unwanted surprise inside these old sets! This time it was gum. LOL!
Sansui 1000a, 1000, SAX-200, 5050, 9090DB, 881, SR-636, SC-3000, AT-20
Pioneer SX-939, ER-420, SM-B201
Motorola SK77W-2Z tube console
McIntosh MC2205, C26