Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-14-2017, 10:52 AM
decojoe67's Avatar
decojoe67 decojoe67 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 777
RCA "phono attachment" hook-up question

I have an 1938 RCA 811K console and would like to add an R-100 bakelite phono attachments to it. On the rear of the chassis of the radio it has screw input terminals. The phono has a single RCA jack. Not being a tech, I'm wondering if there is a way I can go from the RCA jack to a two prong output from the phono. Any help is much appreciated. Joe
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-14-2017, 01:19 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 8,925
Get an RCA jack the opposite gender of that on the phono (radio shack or on line vendor). Attach two wires to the jacks two terminals, attach said wires to radio, and see how it works.

So easy I could have and did do stuff like that when I was 5 years old.
__________________
Tom C.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-14-2017, 03:00 PM
Celt's Avatar
Celt Celt is offline
Super Maude
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Paragould, Arkansas
Posts: 1,530
Those early radio input were expecting a high output crystal cartridge to be connected to them of say, 2 to 3 volts. So any line level, 2 volt source should work fine.
__________________

Let me live in the house beside the road and be a friend to man.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-15-2017, 01:01 PM
dieseljeep dieseljeep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by decojoe67 View Post
I have an 1938 RCA 811K console and would like to add an R-100 bakelite phono attachments to it. On the rear of the chassis of the radio it has screw input terminals. The phono has a single RCA jack. Not being a tech, I'm wondering if there is a way I can go from the RCA jack to a two prong output from the phono. Any help is much appreciated. Joe
Look up the information on the R100 phono attachment in Riders vol. 10. It shows the proceedure for connecting the phono to the terminal strip, using the then available RCA switch. See the schematic in Riders 8 for 811.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-15-2017, 01:49 PM
decojoe67's Avatar
decojoe67 decojoe67 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 777
Thanks for your help! Joe
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 10-20-2017, 11:48 AM
dieseljeep dieseljeep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Get an RCA jack the opposite gender of that on the phono (radio shack or on line vendor). Attach two wires to the jacks two terminals, attach said wires to radio, and see how it works.

So easy I could have and did do stuff like that when I was 5 years old.
I didn't have the chance until I was at least 8 years old.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-20-2017, 08:12 PM
David Roper's Avatar
David Roper David Roper is offline
console lover
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
I didn't have the chance until I was at least 8 years old.
Kiss and tell, kiss and tell!

I couldn't have been more than 5, maybe 6, when I picked out a 6-JY-1 from a neighbor's yard sale and, once home, did the only logical thing to a 5 or 6 yo, which was to cut the RCA plug off and wire a crystal earphone onto the bared ends. Nothing in life has worked according to plan so well and so easily since....
__________________
tvontheporch.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ęCopyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.