Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Curbside at VideoKarma

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

GE Coaxial TV in Wyoming PA.

Out of curiosity, did anyone just click the buy it now on the GE coax in Wyoming PA that was relisted? I've been dealing with those rat bastards at eBay who kept blocking me from placing the order. I called those assholes earlier this afternoon who said it could have been blocked due to certain "verbiage". WTF. Done with eBay. Those greedy bastards need a formidable competitor.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

Seller may have blocked certain shipping addresses, especially if you have a PO Box, and the block carried over to a pick up only item.

Other than that it would be hard to say why.

I wish that set had been near me.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:24 AM
VideoKarma Member

No, I've had communication with the seller prior to the block discussing pick up arrangement, which involved me sending my contact info. The problem happened when I attempted to complete the buy it now transaction. A message kept appearing saying "we temporarily restricted your account from sending messages" I called eBay and got nowhere with those clowns, they had no answer to the cause, other than possibly certain phrases in my last email to the seller tripped one of their filters. Who knows, all I can say for sure is eBay wants total control. They charge you when you list an item, they charge again when it sells, and they take a percentage from PayPal, which they own! Buyers do have more rights than sellers, but as far as I'm concerned, they can go to hell. I'm done. Will just stick to making deals with other collectors and/or Craigslist.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:17 AM
VideoKarma Member

I've gotten the warning message when trying to include contact info in the text of a message. I've gotten the warning when using phrases that suggest calling or texting rather than messaging through eBay. So far attaching a picture with the contact details written on it has gotten through without warnings. I usually write the number or email address on a piece a cardboard and stick in front of something the software doesn't see an image with only readable text in it.