Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:08 AM
BigDavesTV

WANTED: RCA Color Emblem

Hi All! Please see the attached picture. I am in need of an RCA Color Emblem, it might be called a "hologram?" The picture is from the front of my CTC-53, but the little emblem can come from any donor/parts RCA, that contains that emblem. I will reimburse for postage, and pay for the emblem, please check your parts stashes! I also have a selection of RCA knobs, some RCA and Zenith Modules, and could trade an item, or two, if there's something you need.
Thanks!
Dave Pike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCA_COLOR_EMBLEM.jpg (91.0 KB, 47 views)
Old 08-04-2017, 10:23 AM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDavesTV View Post
Hi All! Please see the attached picture. I am in need of an RCA Color Emblem, it might be called a "hologram?" The picture is from the front of my CTC-53, but the little emblem can come from any donor/parts RCA, that contains that emblem. I will reimburse for postage, and pay for the emblem, please check your parts stashes! I also have a selection of RCA knobs, some RCA and Zenith Modules, and could trade an item, or two, if there's something you need.
Thanks!
Dave Pike
It's known in RCA parts speak as a "Symbol" - Sears used the term "Reticulated Window Appearance Item" and Admiral used "Reticulated Badge"

RCA part number is 128709.

BTW, any decorative item with stylized "RCA" (post 1968...) is simply a "Monogram" - most were part number 130648. There was a large one used on some non-TV device (remote, VCR, or CED palyer), but I can't find the part number in my gouge book, a Photostat of the old Cain Electronics counter gouge book. I worked at Cain ( an RCA distributor...)in the early 80s, and rather than dig through boxes of parts, we built a gouge book of parts by their descriptions - cords with oddball ends, various lengths of IF cables, the XL-100 sockets, capacitors by value, power resistors by value/wattage, etc. It helped in cases where Sams was wrong, or the part number was omitted by Sams or RCA. Indianapolis had a "hotline" to the engineering techs if you simply couldn't find the part number, but in 1982, it was a 35 cents a minute toll call, and we never used it. A call to one of the warranty shops usually got a good part number for oddball stuff. RCA also issued Goldenrods for QT-P parts that were not listed or omitted - saw a lot of this with the CED and early Panny VCRs.

Cheers,
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!

Last edited by Findm-Keepm; 08-04-2017 at 10:24 AM. Reason: added comment
Old 08-04-2017, 10:27 AM
Followin' the Rules...

My 1988 RCA price guide changes the name to "Emblem" - go figure. $4.90 dealer net, $8.80 retail.
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 08-06-2017, 07:43 PM
BigDavesTV

Thanks Brian, for all the information.
Dave Pike
Old 08-09-2017, 12:49 PM
BigDavesTV

Thankfully, a fellow Collector in the Atlanta area, has one of the RCA Color Emblems to spare, and said he would drop it in the mail to me, so I'm looking forward to receiving it in the mail soon!
Old 08-11-2017, 12:26 PM
BigDavesTV

Now, I can replace the missing color emblem on my poor, old, (rescued) CTC-22, received emblem yesterday, with a "spare" sent, just in case! Thanks so much, Danny and Damen.