Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-17-2016, 07:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

UHF tuner for RCA CTC 12

Theres one if these in my local area for sale that is VHF only.. im not sure if the UHF is an adon feature on these particular models but im very tempted to buy seeing how its already restored.. And if i can track down a complete UHF adon.. i would probably get it.. does anyone have one ? Let me know and what you want for it... Thanks
Old 12-17-2016, 08:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvcollector View Post
Theres one if these in my local area for sale that is VHF only.. im not sure if the UHF is an adon feature on these particular models but im very tempted to buy seeing how its already restored.. And if i can track down a complete UHF adon.. i would probably get it.. does anyone have one ? Let me know and what you want for it... Thanks
The RCA sets that were sold in a market where UHF channels were used, had a factory equipped UHF tuner.
The aftermarket tuner kits supplied by RCA were rather unique as the VHF tuner didn't have a UHF input. The tuner kit was actually a converter that fed into the IF, in place of the VHF tuner with a switching arrangement that selected between the two tuners. It was a very costly method of doing it.
The other major manufacturers did it a lot simpler.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:50 PM
M is for Memory

Why does it having UHF matter to you enough to not get a set? In this day in age it is easier to feed a set VHF.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 12-17-2016, 11:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Why does it having UHF matter to you enough to not get a set? In this day in age it is easier to feed a set VHF.
Because I like the looks of the vertical Vhf/UHF channel selector.. Part of the reason why I would probably choose a 60s set over a CT100 any day.. I've got to be very picky as I have no room, and really have no room for this one.. So most likely I will pass on it unless there's a way to ad a UHF selector..