Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-24-2016, 06:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

WTB: 4:3 plasma displays

I'm looking to replace my working, but burnt in Pioneer PDP-V401. Other models that would interest me are the PDP-V402, the 37" Hitachi CMP307, or a 33" NEC Plasmasync 3300. I am willing to pay a fair price plus shipping to Austin.
Sony KV-7010U

Last edited by andy; 09-25-2016 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 01:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

I would stay away from any Hitachi plasma--The PDP's made by Hitachi/Fujitsu just don't last and develop mal-discharge, (Horrible noisy speckled pictures, with lines of green following certain shades of brightness, normally seen on fleshtones).

Unfortunately there's only two Co's that made 32" size plasma screens in any quantity, Hitachi and LG. Both suffer from Mal-Discharge--Nasty things.

--Both of these makes are pretty crap at the age/hours they are now.

Go up in size to 42 and at least the old Samsungs Ive seen last fairly well into the 20K hours--just everything else fails round it, inc PSU's and both SUS boards/IPM's etc!
If you were here in UK, I could give you an early 42" Samsung EDTV 4:3 (I think) Samsung, I kept it around as it was very good and looks to have had little use, great bright with no IR or burn.

Best stick to a Pioneer--IF you can find one, as at least They made their own PDP's and last well.
--Only Pioneer and Panasonic made GOOD PDP's Most everything else craps out around 15-20K hours....
Old 11-29-2016, 08:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

Plasma burn in

I have had some luck erasing burn in using the world of wonder disc Disney put out a few years back. The bluray version has a burn in eraser (it takes hours, but it works) and a stuck pixel flipper. The WOW disc is really for a do it yourself custom calibration set up, but keeping my old Panasonic beautiful is the reason I use it.