Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:13 AM
VideoKarma Member

RCA Victor Model 7-T-122

Hi Everybody!
I'm new to the group. I'm helping an older woman in Murfreesboro TN clear out her home. She has several vintage electronics that I hope to sell for her. So while I do not share in your hobby, I'd grately appreciate some friendly advice!
The RCA Victor TV is beautiful cosmetic conditilon, but I don't know if it works. I would love to hear your opinions as to its value.

She also has reel to reel, 8 track and cassette tape players with speakers. Also has 8mm film and slide projectors and editors. Is there expertise among forum members on these items?

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2016, 09:43 AM
M is for Memory

With TVs the market varies greatly with geography. If the CRT is good and there are interested collectors in the area $75-100 would not be out of the question, if there is no one in the area that wants it then it may be worthless. If the CRT tests bad that will hurt the value significantly. That set seems to be mid 50's a rectangular monochrome set in a formal-ish cabinet (from searching the model number) one of the least desirable categories of TV (because tons were made and are still around). Generally what most collectors like are early round CRT sets, sets with MCM cabinets (although that market is more driven by designers), and color TV sets pre-1970.

The audio stuff should find buyers; there are audiophiles everywhere....Value will depend on how good it was when new, and if it works.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 11-12-2016, 06:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thank you, Tom!
Old 11-19-2016, 02:49 AM
VideoKarma Member

I don't see a picture of the TV. Are pictures available? Your best bet might be to post it on Ebay for local pickup only. The chances of it getting destroyed in transit of HUGE! You don't want that hassle.

So far it has been described as a mid 1950s rectangular (lots of 17 and 21" then), I will tell you that you aren't going to make much most likely, but something is better than nothing. I could say more on what I think its worth if I could see it. If more were known about the set, such as what electronic condition is it in. This is very important and may make or break any sale at all. First, DO NOT plug it in to see what it may do unless the set is well known to be safely working. I can't stress the previous statement enough. Plugging it in under can easily destroy internal components that can be hard to find or too expensive.

If the set is one of a number of types from that era that is considered more desirable due to thing such as, then new features such as remote control or it may just be higher end in general. At that time this could also meaning a really nice cabinet with doors and better electronics ( IE:transformer power supply). These would obviously be something to at least be part of your pitch for a decent sale.

Now, I think that the model mumber sounds like a much different television value potential. 7-T-122 sounds like a 1940s (7 indicating 1947). I hope you haven't sold it without finding out what it is I hope. If it's what I think even still you aren't going to get rich, but there are MANY more people willing to give decent money for that era RCA parts and complete sets. Table models are the most popular due to taking up less space.

Please post a picture! Lots more can be clear.
Old 11-19-2016, 03:27 AM
VideoKarma Member

Pix from tv history site:

http://www.tvhistory.tv/1952-RCA-7T122-17in.JPG

Fairly common early 50s 17"set... condition of the cabinet would be critical as that "photo-pattern" finish is very difficult to repair. I think e/m is in the ballpark. Likely a metal cone CRT, which is more likely to be bad than an all glass jug from the same era.

just my 2 cents,
jr
Audiokarma
Old 11-19-2016, 10:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

I have expertise in audio equipment including various kinds of tape players/recorders/decks.