Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-12-2016, 12:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Selling 6 50s/60s b&w tvs in Virginia!

Hey fellas,

I'm downsizing. I have 6 tvs to sell. No reasonable offer will be refused.

1) 1951 Zenith porthole. No raster, wired for lazy bones, but no remote sadly.
2) 1962ish Zenith. Has raster
3 & 4) 2 late 50's Admirals. One has raster and the other doesn't but I don't recall which is which. I'd like to sell these as a pair so that the new owner could use both to get one working.
5) Mid 50's RCA. No raster.
6) Mid 50's G.E. tabletop Near mint, full raster, wired for remote control, but no remote sadly. Has optional base to make it a console (not pictured).

Will sell or willing to trade for a picture tube for my childhood 1981 Zenith pictured (will check tube number later).
Old 08-12-2016, 12:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

All sets are located in Hampton, VA. I'm willing to meet you as far as Richmond, VA. There is a 50% chance that I might be taking a trip to Cincinnati in a few weeks. I would be willing to meet you on the way, if that occurs. Below is my 81 Zenith which I need a good tube for. It was my family tv growing up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (46.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Capturea.jpg (28.0 KB, 37 views)
Old 08-12-2016, 12:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sets will most likely not be posted on Craigslist, they need to be gone by September 1st.

Last edited by ClassicComet; 08-12-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:26 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Do we wait for Craigslist for prices? Really, if you want a response, post prices.

Cheers,
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 08-12-2016, 02:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

$100 each OBO depending on condition ($150 for G.E.) if picked up in Hampton. Deals made for multiple purchases. Trades also available for picture tube. Delivery fee if I have to drive to Richmond or Ohio. At the moment I'm unemployed, so I was just trying to see if there was interest. If you are not interested, I'll more than likely donate to get them off my taxes. I do not like dealing with people who act rudely or flippers. I just hate to see them turned into dogbeads, wine racks, and fishtanks. The last time I put some on craigslist that was their fate.

Last edited by ClassicComet; 08-12-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Audiokarma
Old 08-14-2016, 03:45 AM
VideoKarma Member

Good luck my friend. It has been my experience that old TVs except certain ones are way harder to get rid of than they are to obtain and fill your house with. I live in VA myself and would love to downsize TVs and a bunch of radios. It takes the right person looking for just that right thing and having the ability to come to our area to pick up. Pretty sketchy.

I used to have a contact in Richmond named Tom Houtoling who owned a boiler company who used to come here to south central VA and pick up TVs that I needed to move. He would bring his van and load them up by the numbers. That was back in the 90s before the Internet was the end all be all mode of communication. I would just call him then as I didn't have the WWW at the time. Last I heard from him he was talking about opening a TV museum in Richmond. But I haven't heard from him in years.

I will look and see if I have his business card buried in a drawer and if I do I will give him a call and tell him what you have. I know he would want the porthole.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but he died about 2.5 years ago. Actually all theses sets were once his. These were left as the family was trying to clear out the property. There were hundreds if not a thousand sets. They basically gave them away. When I said before I'd take an offer, I meant it. Sometimes a number just needs to be thrown out there, so I did. I'd take far less for them than I'm asking. I have found homes for the admirals and possibly the porthole, but the others are still up for grabs.