Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:20 AM
VideoKarma Member

But if the aunts have power of attorney when mom is incapacitated, it could be perfectly legal for them to come in and clean house, just as it would be if mom cleaned house. All depends on the details.

Chip
Old 06-08-2015, 05:33 PM
Bullies beware.

People like Buford Pusser, who lived by the spirit of the law, are the subject of films. Those who go by the letter of the law are forgotten once those who knew them are also gone.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

I don't think my aunts have power of attorney, but my mother gave them the key to the house to help with everything.. The TVs weren't really in the way, but my mother has been complaining how they have taken up the spare bedroom, and my room.. The latest addition, the Motorola color roundie was in the living room and in the way, which I removed and put into storage.. They didn't break anything, but alot of stuff, I have to take out of storage and get rid of, and I still have alot of stuff that needs to go.. They do say when people hoard stuff that it becomes overwhelming, and it gets in the way of your life.. So as much as I like to save things and preserve history, it just can't continue.. And I still have a set that's suppose to be on the way, I already paid for the set and the shipping, and I don't even want the thing anymore.. It's the BW GE console that looks like my GE color roundie that's in this thread http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=263731

Carmine: How much I love that Zenith roundie and you already have the combo unit that I traded you, but I'll try and get it sometime in the future, but it may be something that I just can't get, and if it comes to that.. You won't owe me anything..

See already had the cyberknife done, and I think she's going to have to do follow ups with that part.. On top of that, she still has no insurance, she was released from the hospital, and needs to do followups with chemotherapy and other doctors, and her medicate has not kicked in yet.. So on top of that We are trying to get her on SSI which can take months and the mean time We are worried about her not having insurance that she needs to have within the week to start treatments, and some kind of income coming in to pay the other half of the bills...

Last edited by tvcollector; 06-08-2015 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:23 PM
Bullies beware.

Yeah, I've actually junked more sets than I have now. Not much point in keeping those you don't really like, even though it can be hard to actually part with them.

As for the fans, perhaps the whole collection could be hanging from the ceiling if they're not already there. Not hooked up, just hung.

We've got to be creative when making space sometimes. My tanker desk for example takes up quite a bit of square footage, but I can keep a lot on it and in the drawers. Also, after checking for potential ventilation issues I put my isolation transformer on top of my video analyzer. A TV that needs restoration is serving as a stand for my regular-use set and my stereo... you get the idea.

If I had a house I'd choose a separate room to keep the collection and repair equipment out of sight and out of mind for the most part. Multiple sets in one room doesn't really make for a convincing retro setup.

Last edited by Jon A.; 06-08-2015 at 08:27 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:17 AM
VideoKarma Member

I had my B&K tube tester and Sencore CR70 CRT Tester and my cap checkers in the spare bedroom along with my Magnavox set and My recent GE roundie set I restored, all of those testers are in storage now, was able to make room and fit the GE roundie in my room, and Magnavox is out in the garage.. The garage is not climate controlled and gets very hot during the day, and things start to rust after being in there for long periods of time, it's termite riddin, and the walls in areas are open into the outside, moister is also a big problem, So the Magnavox set will only be in there until I get the the chassis back from Dave, and I could probably finish it there, but then will need to figure out where that's going to fit.. The Solid State Zenith and the Motorola Quasar works in a drawer set I think I'm going to have to part with too.. I inquired those sets about 3 and 4 years ago for those who don't know I have those sets, I can probably search for old threads I posted that may still have pics... I like my roundie sets better, so it's one of things where I have to pick and choose what stays and what goes..
Old 07-19-2016, 07:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

I just wanted to inform users on here.. There was a deal with a picture tube that I was going to buy from a certain member, and I also had this member go and get a set on his local Craigslist that I paid for.. This was shortly before my mother being diagnosed with cancer... Long story short I had to go back on my deal, and I offered the user to keep the local set on me, and he agree to send my monies back in the future.. Well, I sent this person a PM months later and of course my PMs are being ignored.. I WILL refuse to publicly point out this individual, But through PM I have no problem telling anyone... I think it's real low class for this individual to ignore my PMs... YOU know who you are..
Old 07-19-2016, 10:40 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvcollector View Post
I just wanted to inform users on here.. There was a deal with a picture tube that I was going to buy from a certain member, and I also had this member go and get a set on his local Craigslist that I paid for.. This was shortly before my mother being diagnosed with cancer... Long story short I had to go back on my deal, and I offered the user to keep the local set on me, and he agree to send my monies back in the future.. Well, I sent this person a PM months later and of course my PMs are being ignored.. I WILL refuse to publicly point out this individual, But through PM I have no problem telling anyone... I think it's real low class for this individual to ignore my PMs... YOU know who you are..
Make sure he is visiting the site (click username on a post and check public profile to see last activity). I don't check the email associated with VK frequently, and some check never, and only see PMs when they visit VK...If they are low activity here they may not get back to you quickly...since they don't know you PM'd them till their next visit. If that is the case, and you got pissed and sent them a mean PM between their checking in you may have scarred them off...Food for thought.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

He's here daily, he's a very active member at visiting and posting.. He's seen my PMs, and he knows..
Old 07-19-2016, 11:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvcollector View Post
He's here daily, he's a very active member at visiting and posting.. He's seen my PMs, and he knows..
I think it's time he confesses his sins and makes things right again!

Old 07-20-2016, 10:41 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
People like Buford Pusser, who lived by the spirit of the law, are the subject of films. Those who go by the letter of the law are forgotten once those who knew them are also gone.
I had to look that one up on Google. Didn't know who he was!
Audiokarma
Old 07-20-2016, 10:55 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISCOJIM View Post
I think it's time he confesses his sins and makes things right again!

That only works with Catholics and some of us can't be trusted.
A good reason, why I bought my own buildings, so I don't have to put up with that. Plus, they were a good investment. This can be a very expensive hobby and space consuming.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sorry about your mom do u still have TVs your trying to unload frankiet 772@aol.com I'm in the s Florida area