Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:57 PM
First Light: 1952-2011

I have a bottle of that stuff, pretty nasty crap too. Only thing I really need to figure out is how to fill the cavity then seal it off, so nothing leaks out in operation. I understand there may be a little expansion as it warms up, so as long as I account for that I think it'll be fine. For the edges of the card I have various diameters of Teflon tube, but I can always use some additional material like Kapton if need be.

I actually have the standalone HV power supply for testing now, I really need to get back on that project.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:11 PM
Level 1

There's a CTC-4 on eBay in Florida... For a ridiculous price IMHO. Maybe they'll come down, you never know. Looks to be fully restored electronically, producing a great picture. http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/272275219932

Last edited by matt99; 06-15-2016 at 11:50 PM.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:09 AM
Restoring an admiral c322

That director in florida is beautiful! I'd much rather drive 2 hours to get it rather than close to 20 to get to Bob's, but that price is astronomical!!!! I will most likely take up Bob's offer on his director but there is nothing set in stone as of now.

Admiral C322C2 Regent (Restoring)
RCA CTC-7 Pensbury (Restored)
RCA CTC-5 Westcott (Restored)
CRA CTC--4 Director 21 (Restoring)
Old 06-16-2016, 06:13 PM
Bob Galanter

Hell, maybe I should just restore the Director and sell it on ebay refinished and fully oppereational. Looks like a set that is restored can command a much better price, although I dont think it will sell at the asking price

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com
Old 06-16-2016, 08:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt99 View Post
There's a CTC-4 on eBay in Florida... For a ridiculous price IMHO. Maybe they'll come down, you never know. Looks to be fully restored electronically, producing a great picture. http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/272275219932

Did you notice the seller has only one Ebay transaction , he sold an International Harvester Scout 800 for $7K . Maybe he thinks he'll get lucky twice ? If perfectly restored and working ? Sure , I'd go $2K ish if I was in the market for a 4 . But $6K ? I don't care how well it works , I'll be very surprised to see that set bring half of that ....
Audiokarma
Old 06-16-2016, 09:23 PM
Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Did you notice the seller has only one Ebay transaction , he sold an International Harvester Scout 800 for $7K . Maybe he thinks he'll get lucky twice ? If perfectly restored and working ? Sure , I'd go $2K ish if I was in the market for a 4 . But $6K ? I don't care how well it works , I'll be very surprised to see that set bring half of that ....
All the original paperwork was included with that truck. The original purchaser traded in a '58 ford and got a grand total of $50 trade allowance.
Old 06-17-2016, 06:38 PM
First Light: 1952-2011

Asked the CTC-4 seller to take a picture of the inside so I could see what CRT is in it, and wouldn't you know it I was right! Glass tube, probably an FB. That set isn't worth a grand at this point, IMO. If it still had a working AXP he may get that much, but it's value is much less with a glass tube in it.