Go Back TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2015, 01:09 PM
ohohyodafarted's Avatar
ohohyodafarted ohohyodafarted is offline
Bob Galanter
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Whitefish Bay, Wi (Milwaukee)
Posts: 974
1954-55 GE part needed

I need the plastic cover plate that covers the UHF tuner hole on various models of GE B&W sets for 1954-55. It is about 2 1/2" square, and is in the middle of the control panel. When removed it reveals a large round hole where the optional UHF tuner would be installed. I have been looking for 5 years with no luck.

I have attached a photo of a 1955 set with the plastic UHF cover plate. This is a scan off of Sams 237-7. In the color photo you can see one of these plastic UHF cover plates on a 15" GE color set at the ETF.

A few years ago, there was a set on ebay with the part I need, but I was not about to spend what they wanted for the entire set, just to get this plastic part. Now I am having second thoughts about my decission to take a pass on it.

If anyone can help me find one of these it would be greatly appreciated. And if all else fails please keep your eyes open in case you find a set that has one.

Thanks for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ge tv.jpg (73.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg ge_15cl100.jpg (39.0 KB, 23 views)
Vacuum tubes are used in Wisconsin to help heat your house.

New Web Site under developement

Last edited by ohohyodafarted; 11-17-2015 at 01:25 PM.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ęCopyright 2012, All rights reserved.