Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

I will try and get the set out in the next few days...and check the tube for you.
Old 09-05-2015, 11:41 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Folsom View Post
This is John, the recipient of the aforementioned portacolor with the broken CRT. Can anyone tell me what CRT # it uses? Model M213CWD

Thanks!
Does the cabinet show any form of stress or damage? Evidently, there is not much room between the back and the CRT socket. Also, how was the CRT broken, from impact from the back of the set or the neck snapped off further up. Unfortunate, just the same.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

BAD NEWS...my porta color has a DIFFERENT tube--10VA something I THINK 10VADP22 or such. NOT an 11SP or WP 22. SO, I do NOT think it will help you.

This one must be a newer PC set. it DOES have a different kob layout a lOT like the knob layout on the YA set.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:22 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rca2000 View Post
BAD NEWS...my porta color has a DIFFERENT tube--10VA something I THINK 10VADP22 or such. NOT an 11SP or WP 22. SO, I do NOT think it will help you.

This one must be a newer PC set. it DOES have a different kob layout a lOT like the knob layout on the YA set.
10JA or 10QA chassis with the 10VADP22, and....better focus.
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 09-06-2015, 10:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rca2000 View Post

If it's out of a HD chassis set, it might be a low focus voltage type. The 10V type number is the newer numbering scheme. Check your set, if it has the focus pot, it's a HE series, with the high focus voltage CRT.
IIRC, 1974 and newer used the HE chassis.
Audiokarma
Old 09-06-2015, 10:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

So....you are saying...it STILL might work?

I KNEW...I should have brought it here ANYWAY !!
Old 09-06-2015, 10:49 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
If it's out of a HD chassis set, it might be a low focus voltage type. The 10V type number is the newer numbering scheme. Check your set, if it has the focus pot, it's a HE series, with the high focus voltage CRT.
IIRC, 1974 and newer used the HE chassis.
H chassis were initially numbered, H-1, H-2, H-3, and H-4, also called the HD chassis in some realms. There was no H-5, but GE made an HE, the last of the tube porta colors. The PC II was the 10JA and 10QA, the solod state Porta Colors. The 10VAD is a different tube than the 11S/11W. I can dig out the difference data tormorrow, or DaveWM might have it handy.
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 09-07-2015, 11:08 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
H chassis were initially numbered, H-1, H-2, H-3, and H-4, also called the HD chassis in some realms. There was no H-5, but GE made an HE, the last of the tube porta colors. The PC II was the 10JA and 10QA, the solod state Porta Colors. The 10VAD is a different tube than the 11S/11W. I can dig out the difference data tormorrow, or DaveWM might have it handy.
I know that there is a different socket and setting for the newer 10VAD type.
I bought a Sencore Big Mack CRT tester for the sole purpose of testing GE Porta-Color CRT's. I checked the chart for the 11S/11W and the 10VAD and both sockets were present.
It just dawned on me, that the newer low focus voltage 10V and the 11S/W have a different pin-out and possibly a different socket.
Not saying it wouldn't work, with a little effort, but check the specs first.
BTW, I never thought that the desirability of these sets would ever exist, as I passed on several, through the years. Really nice ones, at that.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:13 PM
Bob Galanter

As I suspected, FedEx denied the claim. Did not even state any reason why, and no way to contact or follow up. I suspect that they just deny every claim regardless of their negligence.

I tried to contact Tom Carlson (Electronic M) but have not heard back from him. His PM mailbox is full here at VK.

Tom, If you see this message, please contact me if you still have interest in doing some sort of trade deal.

Bob

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com
Old 09-10-2015, 07:26 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohohyodafarted View Post
As I suspected, FedEx denied the claim. Did not even state any reason why, and no way to contact or follow up. I suspect that they just deny every claim regardless of their negligence.

I tried to contact Tom Carlson (Electronic M) but have not heard back from him. His PM mailbox is full here at VK.

Tom, If you see this message, please contact me if you still have interest in doing some sort of trade deal.

Bob
Bob, sorry about letting my box fill, check your PMs.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Audiokarma