Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:59 AM
VideoKarma Member

Sencore CA-122 Versatile TV Signal Source

Spring cleaning continues...

This Sencore CA-122 is officially called a "color circuit analyzer," but that name doesn't really do justice to what this is good for. Basically, it is a nice signal source for VHF, IF, and video signals, and produces a number of good patterns for setting up scan linearity, convergence, etc.

I recently brought up a B&K Video Analyst, which will replace the functions of this unit, so I'm offering this for sale after using it fairly often for 20+ years.

What I find most useful is its ability to create video IF signals, at any frequency between 20 and 50 MHz (that covers everything, including both the early sets with 25 MHz IF and the later ones with 47 MHz IF). It also has a three-step attenuator all set up to generate the appropriate signal level for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd IF stages, which is great for checking with the IF is gain is correct in the set you are working on.

It will also generate VHF RF signals, composite video, sync, and sound IF signals, so this will pretty much generate all you need to inject in a set you are working on.

The cables coming out the back are the power cord, the RF/IF signal cable, and a big plug adaptor you can connect to an older style color CRT to interrupt the gun signals for purity setup (something I've never needed to use it for, since I work mainly on black and white sets). A compartment with door stores these cables when the unit is not in use, making it a neat little box on the shelf without a lot of clutter.

This unit is pretty clean and in really quite good shape overall. The switch contacts are a little scratchy right now, so you would do well to clean the contacts to get this working nicely for you. It also benefits from some minor adjustment of the sweep rate and grid pattern oscillators for good sync from time to time, but that's pretty easy, even simply by trial and error adjusting the adjustments you see inside the back cover.

Price $35 plus shipping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sencore CA122 front oblique.jpg (61.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Sencore CA122 front.jpg (55.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Sencore CA122 cables.jpg (66.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Sencore CA122 back.jpg (70.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 03-22-2015, 04:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

I'll take it.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:57 AM
VideoKarma Member

This item has been sold to Scott.

Tom