Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:27 AM
VideoKarma Member

1940s N.R.I. Course Material

I have what I assume to be a complete N.R.I. (National Radio Institute) set of textbooks and some other school related correspondence. The textbooks are the real treasure as they are from about 1947 and television was the big push in the electronics curriculum. Therefore there is a plethora of great technical data within these leather bound volumes.

I wish I still had the home built kits for lab purposes that I once had, but someone grabbed that stuff sight unseen for a fairly incredible amount of money for old electronics. That was several years ago and I had no use for a makeshift 3" TV.

Anyway, if anyone has interest in learning service and repair along with theory of both radio and television from the perspective of it all being new technology, then this is the stuff for you. IF you actually read the volumes it would be the same as taking classes during that time. After all, it was a correspondence school.