Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

WTB Panasonic round pin power cord

Looking for an 80's Panasonic power cord. It looks like a standard computer 3pin power cord except the pins are round instead of spade type. I need it for a Pana 10x2 A/V router I bought for my obsolete format dubbing setup. Cash, trade, Phillies tickets (in Phila), etc.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

I have a couple of them, but you would need to purchase the pair of 7" color monitors they go with. If you are faced with actually making some, I can take some measurements for you. (I think you'll find them, though.)

Chip
Old 10-09-2013, 08:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

Chip, thanks but that is two monitors too many around here. Pic of actual backside connector attached. Rectangular and no beveled guides like a computer connector.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131009_193435.jpg (101.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 10-09-2013, 08:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

It looks like you could transplant a standard IEC connector into that unit, if no appropriate power cords appear.

Chip
Old 10-09-2013, 08:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

If the original does not appear, surgery is next. I have lots of dead IEC units for donation around.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

Dave, that looks like what was a somewhat standard power cord in the late 70s to early 80s, maybe on HP test equipment among other items. I know my company built equipment that used a 3-pin offset cord like that in the early 1980s. Let me know if you are familiar with the cord I am describing (and therefore you may already know if one might fit or not). There is an electronics flea market here this weekend, and I can look for one there if I do not already have one. If I have one, or find one, I will be happy to send it to you. (The ones I am thinking of had an oval or rounded-end molded shape around the three holes for the conductors.)

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 10-10-2013, 11:53 AM
VideoKarma Member

Chris, I did have some in the 80's on Panasonic equipment. Long gone. I remember the cord side having two rounded or beveled corners...not oval. If you see one I'm good for the costs.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:46 AM
Another CT-100 lives!

Dave, I just had a chance to get back on here. I will check my stock of cords and let you know what I find.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."