Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Workin' Late Again

FS: RCA CTC-16AB Chassis Parts, Yoke, etc.

I have this CTC-16 chassis that needs to be going away soon. I was hoping to hook this up to my test jig but I've not had the time. I'd rather not risk shipping this as a complete unit, however I'd be willing to remove and ship individual components if someone needs something. You're welcome to come pick the whole unit up if you're within driving distance of WI at 54812. I was thinking $60 for the complete chassis, but I'm open to offers on individual components. Please send me a pm if you need something.

Last edited by Kevin Kuehn; 09-20-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:30 AM
On Land

That really is a CLEAN looking chassis. The wiring still has lollipop color! Sure would be a shame to part it out.

Hopefully, someone near you will take it as a whole. IF it turns out that you get no takers for the whole chassis, I would be interested in having the convergence board. I am in no hurry, so give it some time for others to see it and have a chance at the whole thing.

He who dies with the most toys still dies.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:47 AM
Workin' Late Again

Hi Charlie,

It is very clean. All I did was a little dusting, wiped the tubes down when I tested them. I'll keep you in mind.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:21 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kuehn View Post
Hi Charlie,

It is very clean. All I did was a little dusting, wiped the tubes down when I tested them. I'll keep you in mind.
What happened to the cabinet?
I hope it didn't fall victim to a fishtanker!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:58 AM
Workin' Late Again

Personally I think the fish tank phenomena is blown way out of proportion on the net. 1000's of these old sets are decaying in landfills and are still falling victim to recyclers to this day. Basically there is still more supply than demand. I'm not aware of one single person around here that keeps their fish in a TV cabinet.
Audiokarma
Old 09-20-2013, 11:07 AM
On Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kuehn View Post
Personally I think the fish tank phenomena is blown way out of proportion on the net. 1000's of these old sets are decaying in landfills and are still falling victim to recyclers to this day. I'm not aware of one single person around here that keeps their fish in a TV cabinet.
Consider this- Anyone that has ever had fish knows it's a MAJOR pain in the ass to keep an aquarium up... the cleaning, changing of filters, keeping water temp just right, and pulling dead critters out of Davy Jones' locker. Now, let's make it even more difficult to deal with... let's mount the tank in an old TV cabinet.

Really now... even if preserving old TV sets wasn't my hobby, it just seems like placing an aquarium in a TV cabinet would not be the way to go.

He who dies with the most toys still dies.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

pm sent
Old 10-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Workin' Late Again

This complete chassis/parts are still available for local pickup. I've contemplated shipping it complete , however that would run between $30-50 for postage depending on your location. The shipping cost alone tends to dampen most peoples enthusiasm. I'll wait another week, at which time Charlie gets first dibs on the convergence assembly. Anyone else interested in any components should stake your claim here in an attempt to establish pecking order.

Last edited by Kevin Kuehn; 10-05-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Kevin, I'd be interested in the upper part of the HV cage assembly with the cup,socket and label intact. PM me.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Nipper Rules

PM sent
Audiokarma