Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

WANTED: Mitsubishi deflection board for CK3513R

Would anyone happen to have or happen to know where I could get a certain deflection board for a Mitsubishi tube television?

I'm looking for part #: 920A33401 (3?)

Or the part # could be: 920A334030

It's a deflection board for a Mitsubishi model # CK3513R

I would appreciate any help or information. I can't find this one and I'm getting kind of desparate.

Last edited by brockolye; 05-24-2013 at 06:43 PM. Reason: better heading for post
Old 05-26-2013, 10:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

Whats wrong with the board?
Worked at MGA ASC & never changed a board except PIP.
The older ones had a common PS problem that caused a lot of
caps to go bad & its very fixable. If its that there is usually damage to the signal board also. I think a 31" set had the same board also.
A pix of the board would help.

73 Zeno
Old 05-27-2013, 10:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks for your reply Zeno!

I don't know much of anything about electonics repair. A television repair guy that I know came and looked at it. He hooked up his voltage meter thing up to the unit and checked some stuff and told me this was the part I would need.

I knew it would be almost impossible to find now...but after contacting several places...I found out that some parts places still had some in the last few years. For Example...Union Electronic Distributors sold their last ones fairly recently...so I thought there might be some independent distributor that still had one.

I was about to ask if it was possible to repair these...and from your reply it sounds possible if it is certain problems. I do understand that this is a large board with many components. My repair man pointed the deflection board out to me and I looked at it so I understood which part of the TV he was talking about.

Unfortuneately, I don't have a digital camera. I will ask around and see if someone can loan me one.

Also is there any technician that I could send the board to and pay them to test all the parts to find out the problem and offer advice on whether this one can be fixed?

Wish I knew more about this kind of stuff. I own ALOT of old electronics and I can't fix any of it myself. I end up spending alot to keep everything running.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:25 AM
VideoKarma Member

Personally I wouldnt go further with this set where you dont have
experience. The common problem, IF its the chassis I am thinking
about can cause problems on the other main board.
There are a host of good reasons why he said you need the board
when it probably could be fixed.
If this set showed up at the shop we probably wouldnt take it in.
If we did it would be under the following........
1) $200 up front
2) go ahead to $300
3) MUST pick up immediately !!!!
4) absolutely NO guarantees except parts replaced
5) set will be returned to operation with no guarantee of pix quality.
6) if set dont get fixed you can get $100 back IF you take it away FAST

This all may sound harsh to some to some, I would be happy to have
a friendly back & forth with anyone as for the "whys".

73 Zeno
Old 05-29-2013, 08:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

Oh...I understand why.

Since I replied the other day...I found someone who knows basics (and maybe more) about electronic repair. He can solder and has experience with some of this type of stuff. He said if he gets the time he may be able to take a look. I will still need your professional advice if you don't mind. He's not necessarily familiar with this specific board. I know he's worked on lots of audio equipment...and at least some video.

As far as the TV repair man I mentioned above...it's not that he didn't feel that he could repair it...it's that he doesn't even do that type of stuff. I believe he's semi-retired and only offers band-aids and minor adjustments. He constantly undercuts himself by telling customers to just buy new equipment. I and my family and friends have all dealt with him for years...and there's been a couple of times he's told me something couldn't be fixed and then later I found someone else to fix it. He still charges $20 for labor, and that includes the cost of common small parts he already has in his shop. This really low fee should tell you something about how he views TV repair today. He's also a little slow if you know what I mean. I like him...but I don't put much stock in his professional opinions.

Thanks for your reply!

Brock
Audiokarma
Old 05-30-2013, 09:32 AM
VideoKarma Member

IF its the set I am thinking of.
1) The board is on the right looking at the back.
2) He will find a LOT of bulging, cracked & leaking caps.
He will also need to know his way around an unfamiliar TV for starters.
Probably a service manual. A good meter, possibly a variac & scope.
And at that it may turn out to be an NLA part !
BTW whats the date on the back of the set ?

73 Zeno