Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Loose tubes wanted

I was thinking, and I am so lacking in just about every common tube (ran out of 6AU6s last night), that I'm willing to take a chance here.....

Would anyone be willing to put some bubble in a box, and ship me a whole bunch of used untested tubes? I KNOW everyone's got huge boxes of them laying around .

It could be a USPS priority box, a bigger box, doesn't matter. I'll of course pay shipping plus whatever you want for the tubes (please be kind), with the understanding that they're untested, ugly, dirty, whatever. Drop me a PM
Old 03-27-2013, 09:48 AM
johnny the raster master!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
I was thinking, and I am so lacking in just about every common tube (ran out of 6AU6s last night), that I'm willing to take a chance here.....

Would anyone be willing to put some bubble in a box, and ship me a whole bunch of used untested tubes? I KNOW everyone's got huge boxes of them laying around .

It could be a USPS priority box, a bigger box, doesn't matter. I'll of course pay shipping plus whatever you want for the tubes (please be kind), with the understanding that they're untested, ugly, dirty, whatever. Drop me a PM
ive got BOXES OF THE things!
and lots of 6au6s

Looking for zenith cobramatic parts

-johnny the raster master!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:15 AM
VideoKarma Member

you can always do what i do, just buy large lots off of ebay and test and, rebox ebay sells the boxs too. there is a curtin percentage of bad tubes and its boreing testing hundreds of tubes ,but i hate to start repairing something and stop and wait for a part.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Well I know, but I was hoping to relieve someone here of their burden first, and help to keep the business in house. Might be some people here that read this that don't want to bother doing it with eBay, but might help me out, and make a few $ in the process...
Old 03-27-2013, 12:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

i agree ,im sure there's got to be people here with alot of tube's stuffed away that might be willing to part with.
Audiokarma
Old 03-27-2013, 07:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

I don't really have many raw pulls and bags or boxes of untested and uncleaned tubes. I do have a mix of loose tubes ranging from pulls from sets through the years (mostly 30s-50s). I also have vintage boxes N.O.S. tubes. Now, what I would prefer to get rid of are the oddball heater voltage 7 and 9 pin miniatures. By oddball I more or less meaning almost anything not 6.3V. Also I have quite a collection of the 60s tubes with the pin configuration like the Compactron. Other than the ones that I need for my single "roundie" color set, I have absolutely no use for these.

With all that said, I prefer to get rid of the above mentioned stuff, but I will let go of the N.O.S. and other rare tubes I have. Just let me know what you can take on. I say that because your request was rather broad and it would do me good to move a number of tubes. Been trying to lighten my load for quite a while now, so this might work for both of us.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Currently, my projects are early 50s B/W, and mid to late 60s color. Throw in there a couple AA5's, and the AA5s with the 7 pin miniatures. Also have a couple mid 60s B/W portables to do.

So, yes, I can use the standards....6SN7, 6AL5 kind of stuff. But I can also use the 4CB6s, 5GH8s (by the truckload ), and compactrons as well.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

I sold off most of my loose stuff, though I do have some boxes of compactrons left. I did have maybe a shoebox full of used 6AU6's. If I still have them I'll set them aside for you.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

Will you PM me your email address and we can better communicate what we can do here. I think I have more than what you need.