Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS X View Post
I am 98% sure the deal i have with consoleguy will work out but if it don't maybe we can work something out I just went to the super flea in Cheektowaga this past weekend (To buy a Apple computer but will be going back next weekend because it does not work right) and i found 2 1950's tvs with doors that close, i was going to buy one of them but when i opened it up it was all gutted only thing that was left was the speaker. they also had a 1930's-1940's zenith Radio console that looked to be all there but the speaker had a big hole in it. When i go back this coming weekend i will take a pic of them if they are still there. Also when i get the tv from consoleguy i will make a youtube video of it
We should get together. I always have some good stuff needing new homes, and in much better shape than anything you'll ever find at the Walden flea....
Old 06-14-2012, 12:07 AM
< RCA CTC-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
We should get together. I always have some good stuff needing new homes, and in much better shape than anything you'll ever find at the Walden flea....
That would be great It would be cool to meet someone else that loves vintage electronics too. I know what you meen about the superflea it has even got worse sense i first went there in '07 its turning into almost all junk they are selling
Old 06-16-2012, 09:50 PM
< RCA CTC-5

Smile

consoleguy67 and me have it all worked out i'm just waiting for the money order to get to him. Here are the pics i promised all of you, the zenith radio is gone but the tv shells are still there and a record player/combo. what year do you think the tv's are from it would be cool to know i'm guessing the early 1950's? i know the bottom one is a rcavictor i don't remember what the top one was, too bad they were gutted the cabinet looks to be in very good shape

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
Old 06-17-2012, 05:18 AM
VideoKarma Member

Well well well, they are from the early-mid 50's as you said... Back when you were still living in the middle of your past life, enjoying the days of early television, and your current mom and pop were just toddlers, but then again, they may have not even been born yet..
Old 06-27-2012, 11:29 PM
< RCA CTC-5

Thank You consoleguy67 i love the tv The Quality of this tv is something i don't think we will ever see again 51 Years old and still works like new i can only imagine what a 2000 era crt set/LCD Set will look like in 51 years it won't be good Here are the pic's and video i promised everyone i Plan on making a better video when i get a new camera. Enjoy! www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ozo4Hf4VUg

DSCI1128.JPG

DSCI1129.jpg

DSCI1131.jpg
Audiokarma
Old 06-28-2012, 10:55 AM
60s Throwback

I'm glad that the set is doing well! You're right; we won't ever see that kind of quality again, especially in American electronics. I currently have three console sets at home that were made in the 1960's: a 1964 Magnavox black and white stereo theatre with its original 24" picture tube, a 1964 Magnavox roundie color stereo theatre, and a 1967 Zenith color roundie console. All three give great pictures. Let's see how these flat screen sets do in 48 years.