Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

1949-50 16" sets for sale

Hello-

Here are more sets that I do not have time to restore. Each set is as it was when I got it except as in the comments. Notes are below. You can pick up any set(s) here in the San Francisco area, or I could deliver within 100 miles if you pay for gas, or I will work with shippers you prefer. These sets would need to be handled by Craters and Freighters or another packing/shipping service. Lets make this simple: $75 each or best offer, with discounts if you want more than one set. Thanks!

Magnavox Embassy TV/multiband radio/phono
-16AP4 CRT started weak but after 20-30 minutes at 8V filament, it reads very good and stayed there. This set is real mahogany but had been painted with a fake blond look at some point. I stripped all that off in 1980 but never got back to refinishing it. I also did some circuit work on it in 1981.

Motorola 17K4A
-16GP4 CRT tested weak but reads good after I ran it at 8V filament for 30 minutes or so. I could probably just sell the CRT/chassis and discard the cabinet (if we can live with that!). The CRT or chassis could be shipped on Greyhound likely.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Motorola 17K4A front small.jpg (51.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Magnavox CT-246 cabinet closed.JPG (68.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Magnavox CT-246 cabinet open.JPG (65.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Magnavox CT-246 TV and amplifier chassis.JPG (62.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Magnavox CT-246 radio and PS chassis.JPG (60.2 KB, 26 views)

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."