Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Smile Philco Model #49-1076

Greetings! I hope I've come to the right place. I have a Philco TV/Radio/Phonograph combo Model #49-1076 for sale. Location: Los Angeles. Photos attached. The item was purchased new and has had only one owner, but has not been used in many years so I can not attest to working order (and as I'm not an expert I don't wish to potentially damage the item by tinkering with it). Any thoughts / comments / questions? I'd love to get this item in to the hands of a collector or someone who appreciates vintage TV's and felt this was a better place to start than Craigslist or Ebay. Hopefully there's someone out there who'd love to give this item a new loving home!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Philco_brochure.jpg (73.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Philco_model49-1076.jpg (52.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Philco_opentoradio.jpg (47.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Philco_opentoTVandRecord.jpg (52.2 KB, 34 views)
Old 02-03-2012, 06:25 PM
M is for Memory

Your "don't tinker" idea is well founded. If you plug it in there is a chance that the capacitors that fail with age (but are relatively easy to find replacements for) will if bad (which is almost a certainty) cause other much much harder to get parts to fail.

That is a beautiful set. I personally find Philco sets from that era and earlier to be one of the more attractively styled brands. I own a 49 model Philco radio-phono and find it to have pretty good performance for something of it's vintage.

There are some collectors on here who live close enough to be interested. I'm far enough away that the shipping would exceed the value of the set several times over so I can't give it a home. In general large console sets don't sell for much and have less interest due to the amount of real estate they consume, but yours is early enough (the model number gives it's model year away as being 1949), and appears to be in good enough condition to be somewhat more desirable then the average console.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Restoring Moto VT71s

I really like that styling - especially when it's all closed up, but I'm too far away as well
Old 02-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Oh my, one of my favorite Philco Console models, I'm in So Cal too but I really don't have room for another big set.

What are you asking for it? If the price is right and no other collector steps up maybe I could work something out.
I'd hate for it to fall into the hands of a re-purposer.