Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:55 AM
LasVegas Vintage TV Lover

Thanks Branson that pic should be in my profile gallery but thanks.

In that pic are the 5 wires when the set came to me the wires where just loose laying there and I saw those post so..... figured they must go on there so I slipped them on the post and they fit. But know after studing on this I proably almost set a bomb off.... LOL
Old 01-08-2011, 05:10 AM

here's a pic i got out of the book i bought on the part i am talking about and discribe as a half moon and from what I just saw I at least see I got the wire colors in the right order but not sure which is which ?

It looks like a half moon thing see it in the pic?

crt.jpg

I was thinking this connector would work as I can cut the blue wire off and the yellow thingy and then connect my wires to the right post to this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/TELEMATIC-CRT-BR...89a528&afsrc=1

Now I am looking at the one they have for sale in the main picture. Yellowish one
Old 01-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Administrator

You can absolutely wreck the CRT if you hook those up wrong! Some of those wires can have 150-300 volts on them and if you hook those to the 6.3 volt heater it blow in a flash.

The set shown in teh picture is a series wired set so you can't simply measure the voltage across the wires, you'll have to trace the wiring and make sure you have them hooked up correctly.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Here's a picture of the connector on my 806, it looks like yours are close but the colors are so faded it's hard to say for sure.
It looks like the black wires may be the heater. The heater pins on the tube are pins 1 & 12, on either side of the index tab.
It looks like yours are probably connected correctly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg connector.jpg (38.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 01-08-2011, 05:18 PM

Eric
Thanks any idea where I can get a connector like yours it looks like the same one mine should have? or you agree that I should just get the other ones in the links below?

I guess I can thank someone up there for looking out that the set had no power in it or so it appears when I hooked up those wires I just barehanded hooked them together with no thought.... WOW what a dummy I was there LOL
Audiokarma
Old 01-11-2011, 11:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Unless someone has a junker chassis to part out, those half moon sockets are not that common as they could only be used with a tube that has magnetic focus, so the round sockets became more common and plentiful. Sometimes the round ones were used but minus that pin on some sets. If you're not crazy about that clear plastic look there are other, older types used on brightners and sets that you could come across easily that may look more period correct if that's what you're willing to settle for.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:07 AM

Marty59,

Thanks for the info and yes your right nearly impossible so far to find it but hey you never know. Brandson found these for me and I think I am going to try this one first

http://cgi.ebay.com/TELEMATIC-CRT-BR...89a528&afsrc=1

As it has the wires after I cut off that yellow part so I can for sure have a good connection and just plug it on, if that does wwork then I am thinking of going with this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-12-PIN-DUODE...item35ae5694da

I just like having the wires already attached and think it well be easier to connect my wires to it.

By any chance you know the oder of the wires, they seem to be two yellowish ones one orange [possible was yellow] and two blaack.

I already know they go as I got them in the picture just have to find now which one goes which way and in the right order. I don't want to blow up the tube......

Thanks again for the info....

So many on here have been very nice and helpful as this is my first run at this.

I actually just today found the knobs I have been search the world for and think I found the last set alive.....LOL hurry lucked out twice cord and knobs...

Smiles
Ron
Old 01-12-2011, 03:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

I believe that before I'd start doing any connections, I'd get the schematic. You need to verify where the wires go!
Is the socket on the tube secure? Do treat it with caution to prevent any possible loosening with it.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:44 PM

Yes I did get the schematic's or a copy of such to check the wiring...