Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

WTB: part for '59 Symphonic manual phonograph

OK, so I just obtained this clean little circa '59 Symphonic dual speaker 3 tube record player with seperate bass and treble controls and decided to get right on it.

The amp rebuild went without problems and cleaning out the gunked up drive mechanism would have gone well had I been paying attention to what I was doing and not lost a part or two. Here's a picture of the top of the drive assembly, which appears to have been built by BSR.

The last picture is of the underside of the drive assembly and that's where the problem comes in. At the bottom of the drive assembly, close to where the speed control knob would be, you'll notice two holes. The hole on the left is where the shaft for the speed control knob goes (no problem there). The hole on the right had a spring loaded ball bearing in it in order to allow the speed control knob to stop click on it's four speeds. Due to my carelessness, I lost the two bearings, the spring, and whatever else might have been in that hole. Fortunately, I found the two bearings and I placed one of them back in the hole. I've searched until I'm tired of searching and the spring is no where to be found. So, I'm interested in obtaining the needed parts from someone's junk unit or a whole drive mechanism that I could use for parts or a junker record player that uses this drive mechanism that I can get the parts from. And, I'm so angry at myself right now that I would kick myself in the butt if I could.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

Have you considered just trying another spring in there with the ball bearings? My local Ace hardware store does sell a good variety of springs. It is the old-fashioned wooden-floor kind of hardware store. Maybe you have a store like it near you.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."