Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Bob Galanter

Philco 48-1000 chanel selector knobs needed

I am in need of the chanel selector knob and chanel indicator trim that goes behind the knob for a Philco 48-1000 (the rather odd looking art deco table top set)

As an alternative if I could borrow (rent) a set from someone, we have the capability at our factory of making RTV molds of the original parts. The process is totally non destructive and will not harm your parts in any way.

After the RTV mold is made from the original, we make a master with the rtv mold. The master is made of special tooling epoxy. That master is then used to press a rubber mold into which we can cast pot metal (zinc or lead alloy) and create a metal replica.

I have used this process on previous occasions and I even made some GE emblems for Harry Poster out east.

I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee just to borrow the original knob and trim.

IF you have a set to sell or are willing to rent me your originals for about a month for a reasonable fee ( I will also pay for any shipping) please contact me. I have looked high and low to try and find a set with no luck. I have the other knobs, I just need the chanel knob and the trim plate behind it.

Thank for your assistance.

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com
Old 12-31-2009, 09:14 AM
VideoKarma Member

You are possibly in luck. A few months ago a coworker gave me an old cigar box full of tubes. Looking at the lineup of tubes, they were obviously pulls from a late 40s set. Included in the box was the metal channel indicator trim piece, and a couple of knobs. I showed him a picture of a 48-1000 to give him an idea of where his tubes came from.

You are only possibly in luck because I am moving today, and over the last few weeks I have thrown out a great deal of gear. It's possible that this cigar box went too. I will be all moved into my new place by Monday, so hopefully by then it will turn up.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:28 AM
VideoKarma Member

Well, no dice. I must have dumped the cigar box into my box of "possibly ok" tubes, and thrown away everything else but two knobs, which are identical so I will assume they are not for the channel selector knob. Oh well. I probably only threw it out a few weeks ago too. With the move coming up, I practically filled a dumpster with cabinets, chassis, test equipment and evidently the channel indicator for a 48-1000.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

knobs

Did you find the knobs for you philco481000? I think I have them and will trade for 2 12at7 noc rca tubes let me know. oldtvsandtoys@comcast.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohohyodafarted View Post
I am in need of the chanel selector knob and chanel indicator trim that goes behind the knob for a Philco 48-1000 (the rather odd looking art deco table top set)

As an alternative if I could borrow (rent) a set from someone, we have the capability at our factory of making RTV molds of the original parts. The process is totally non destructive and will not harm your parts in any way.

After the RTV mold is made from the original, we make a master with the rtv mold. The master is made of special tooling epoxy. That master is then used to press a rubber mold into which we can cast pot metal (zinc or lead alloy) and create a metal replica.

I have used this process on previous occasions and I even made some GE emblems for Harry Poster out east.

I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee just to borrow the original knob and trim.

IF you have a set to sell or are willing to rent me your originals for about a month for a reasonable fee ( I will also pay for any shipping) please contact me. I have looked high and low to try and find a set with no luck. I have the other knobs, I just need the chanel knob and the trim plate behind it.

Thank for your assistance.