Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

Talking 2 Free Radios to a good home

Doing some cleaning and I found two radios that I would send to a good home for the cost of shipping.
The first one is a GE C403B clock radio. A unit I repaired years ago when I was first getting involved with old radios. It's been years since I turned it on so no promises other than it is intact. The physical condition is generally good but the edge has some plastic chipping. Still good for parts or you could file the edge smooth.

Next we have a dirty TeleKing portable radio from years ago. General shape is good but it is missing the top handle and I think one knob is generic.
Never powered this one up, don't know where it came from. That's why the price is slow low....

If you would like one reply here and send me a PM with your address and email so I can figure out the shipping. It will be by Fed Ex ground as they come to my office.
Have a good week!
Rob
Old 12-09-2009, 11:09 PM
gear avalanche!

i'll bite. pm sent

light travels faster than sound...
this is why some people appear bright until they speak
Old 12-09-2009, 11:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

That GE is a masterpiece of design. Really. I have some of those and they did an amazing job of coming up with a set so simple. It was that type of thinking that they later used for the Portacolor, the Carry Cool air conditioners, tons of other stuff.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

The teleking is spoken for, I beleive the GE is also but I am waiting for confirmation.
Have a good night!
Rob
Old 01-08-2010, 03:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgadow View Post
That GE is a masterpiece of design. Really. I have some of those and they did an amazing job of coming up with a set so simple. It was that type of thinking that they later used for the Portacolor, the Carry Cool air conditioners, tons of other stuff.
I have one of the 403B's also. It's a great radio and quite sensitive. I had one that I bought way back when I was in the Air Force, and then it disappeared when my dad sold it.

I picked up another one a couple of years ago on Ebay that the seller said didn't seem to work. It works fine and I haven't had to do anything other than clean it. I did notice a paper cap in the photo here though so I suppose I should address that soon even though it works.

That was also one of the most honest ebayers I've met. The knob on the clock was in the photo but wasn't there when I received it. He searched for it for a couple of weeks and finally found it on the floor of his garage and mailed it to me.

John
Audiokarma
Old 01-09-2010, 01:46 AM
2 many toys,Not enough $$

If no one wants the GE, I'll take it.