View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 03:36 AM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

Saved a free Zenith tube console on CL!

I answered a listing on the Los Angeles Craigslist free section for this "Old TV"... It was an estate sale, and the TV was a left-over! I didn't have a big interest in getting a rectangular 23" set, but this one for some reason caught my attention and I went down to the Westside and picked it up tonight.

It's in mint condition, to my surprise! Maple cabinet with legs. Even the dust is untouched. It belonged to an elderly lady, who had actually replaced it in 1988 with a 27" Zenith console. She had the delivery men move this one into a bedroom and hook it up. When I picked it up tonight, it was still plugged in and is said to be working. It looks like the last all-tube chassis (except IF module), with the oblong door below the screen for all the adjustments. Still says $ervice $aver Chassis on the back, so I guess maybe 1968?

I have no plan of where to put it or what I'll do with it, but it's safe at least. I picked it up in the truck that I don't drive much, and the truck is put away down in Chatsworth. So I probably won't get a chance to mess with it for awhile.

Bottom line: It pays to watch the free column on Craigslist

Charles

PS: Please excuse the terrible phone camera photo.

Last edited by kx250rider; 03-14-2008 at 11:51 AM. Reason: New photo URL