View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 01:57 AM
Another CT-100 lives!

My early color-TV memories, other than seeing them at stores (which I do not remember one way or the other):
1968-69 maybe: I was at a friend's house, and saw The Flintstones in color on their TV set.
1974: My grandmother got a 19-inch Hitachi color TV set for Christmas from my mother and aunt/uncle. That was the first one that I could adjust, and I found out you could get real-looking color, not just overdone "color-TV color" as most people had.
1975: On a vacation to San Francisco, our hotel room had a color set. Its yoke was tilted a bit, and the color-killer did not work (I learned later), so it had color snow on blank channels-very cool!
1975 also: My aunt and uncle had just upgraded to their second color TV set, and the old one was in the family room; they let me fiddle with the old one. That one was a roundie RCA, and ITS yoke was tilted a bit, too!
1977: My brother bought a 19-inch Sony KV-1920D, the first color set in my direct family; I was 16 then. I remember, Family Feud was the first show he (and I) watched on it.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."