View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 07:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
That probably will happen here if theres no cheap fix for them.Now I got two to my name sitting here.The good thing about them is they dont take up room and some are light to carry around.Not like those boat anchor 32 inch CRT sets.
Well when I picked it up, I was taking a chance on it because sometimes they work just fine and sometimes they need a little work and sometimes they may not be worth my time to fix. I just thought that since it was an older unit that it would of more than likely had the bad power supply capacitor issue than a newer one would of (since it has the power supply that uses the 3-prong computer style power cord setup as opposed to a brick like your newer LCD TVs have which aren't as easy to fix or diagnose.) And anyways I haven't given up on this TV yet because you can find a used power supply/inverter board for this TV for around $20 with free shipping on eBay. So I'm going to take a chance with that and see what happens, if that doesn't fix the issue then I might just give up on the TV and just recycle it.
Audiokarma