View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 01:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

Location: Valley of the Sun, formerly Silicon Valley, formerly Packer Land.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
From 1954......hmm... do you have the 13 Goldenrods (service Bulletins) issued against the 21CT55? (I don't either...) The last one was issued in 1972....and probably a parts stoppage report. Many of these Goldenrods were safety issues - without them, the original service literature is a snapshot in time.

By 1978 (when we got our first RCA service library, from RCA, 28 binders, TV only...), some 600+ Goldenrods had been issued by RCA for televisions. Some were minor part number changes, but in the case of ALL early color (CTC17 and earlier), RCA issued Goldenrods to limit the 2nd anode voltage in all sets to a value that reflected the amount of shielding around the regulator tube.

I'm not Chicken Little, crying about the X-rays - I'm merely pointing out that the original service lit has been revised many, many times and some original statements and values rescinded.

RCAman, a frequent poster, may still have an RCA library with the Goldenrods. Ours went the way of another shop when we closed up in 2008. They tossed all the tube stuff - I rescued what they still had - CTC72 and up, unfortunately.

Nick/Miniman82 - same as any NAVAIR pub change - remove the old stuff and put in the new, up-to-date stuff. Old values/procedures and part numbers no longer apply...
Interesting. So RCA issued “Adendums” / Goldenrods to update service data. I wonder if Mike has those for the 21CT55?