Thread: Two new Zeniths
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2004, 11:51 PM
On Land

Thanks, guys, for all of the thumbs up. I hope this Zenith turns out well in the end, and I feel that with everyone's advice, pointers, and moral support, it will.

As Eric mentioned, this set cost someone some serious coin back in '62. I was kinda curious of whether or not this set had an original price tag reaching $1000.00? Correct me if I am wrong, but seems the average color set in the early 60's was about 600 dollars. Throw in the fancy cabinet, remote, and HI-FI sound, and I'm sure that price tag could really get up there. The only option not included on this set is a UHF tuner, and if I am not mistaken, it actually was not offered on this chassis. None of the paper work i have here mentions a UHF tuner. Does anyone happen to know how much extra was the Space Command feature for these sets? I was speculating that the SC would add at least a hundred bucks by itself.

As far as the little website I put together, it's not fancy looking by any means, but it is someplace where I can gather my goodies so share with others. Actually, it was Carmine's site that made me look into this 50megs.com. He had mentioned in his site that it was a freebie, and had plenty enough for what he needed. Of course, "free" is always a plus. So thanks to Carmine for bringing my attention to a site that I could work with (especially considering that i am in no way HTML oriented). Yeah, you might have to deal with the annoying pop-up ads, but now days it seems that many browsers have pop-up controls that take keep people from having to be bothered with pop-ups.

He who dies with the most toys still dies.