View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 09:12 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 133MHz View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm a 25yo guy from Chile with a passion for computers, electronics (especially analog video) and retro gaming (with a sweet spot for the Nintendo Family Computer and its clones). I thoroughly enjoy picking up old CRT TVs and repairing/restoring them, even though anything remotely vintage is really hard to find around here (I believe it's because Chile got television pretty late, about 1958 for the first regular broadcasts and 1979 for the introduction of color).

I've lived my entire life in good 'ol NTSC-land, playing video games through a noisy RF connection, having composite was 'a luxury' and 'as good as it gets'. The day I saw an old video game console being displayed in 60Hz RGB I became immediately obsessed with high-quality analog video displays and equipment, which lead into my ongoing, seemingly never-ending quest for European RGB SCART stuff and crazy things like broadcast studio monitors. With all its highs and lows, my quest for the perfect 240p gaming experience has both been a blessing and a curse.

I've even gotten hold of European TV sets with RGB SCART inputs which I'm trying to get working, but being on this side of the pond... it ain't easy. No replacement parts available and no help from fellow techs either. They are certainly more complex than our NTSC-only sets.

I have a blog and a YouTube channel (which sadly I haven't touched in ages) documenting some of my antics, links are on my signature.

Cheers!
Greetings:
I picked up a Sony KV 1473 RWP, NTSC set. The front is labeled "Auto-volt System".
It's designed operate on any voltage from 100-240 volts, 50-60 HZ, but it's strictly NTSC. It has the standard US type coax connector and it still has the original round pin Euro-plug, with a NEMA 1-15 adaptor. Also no U/L or CSA approval, listed.
It's an interesting set to be sure!
BTW, Is that set common in your area?