Thread: modulator
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 11:27 PM
VideoKarma Member

I'd rather trouble shoot this wired directly to the TVs first, it will better determine there is a problem much easier.... Comes to find out that it's only channel 3 that has a slight line pattern.. Hard wired with it set to channel 7.. I adjusted the audio/video peak controls and the level and aural control, and still there is a bit of noise in the pic like the station isn't coming in at 100%... I notice there is 3 or 4 holes on the top front of the unit, they seem to be pot controls. 2 of them are adjustable, I adjusted those two, and they didn't do anything, and they don't have any kind of label on them either.. No pots on the front and back panels, other than the front what everyone already knows (Audio/Video Aural and Level Controls)..

On the other forum, someone mentioned that this unit may have a power supply problem, which results in weak signals.. They said they have a bunch of these units and one with power supply problem..

Looks like I'm going to have to return this.. Just my luck I received a unit with problems.. Seems like this always happens to me when I get a new item I learn about..

Here's a short video of what I'm talking about.. That's as clear as It can get:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-OH...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by tvcollector; 02-21-2015 at 12:09 AM.