View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 09:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

And, here's a symphonic manual player that I recently obtained. It has dual speakers and bass and treble controls, which is unusual for a manual player. While working on it, I lost a spring out of the drive mechanism and have not gotten back on it. I think it's from around '59.

Here's a Magnavox console from the late '50's that obviously has the wrong changer in it. I hope to do something about that soon.

Front view of the above Magnavox. This unit can be used for stereo, provided that the matching external speaker and amp is used (which I don't have).

Early '60's Truetone (Wells-Gardner built) stereo that I'm working on.

Just for reference, this is the last talking book record player that was issued before records were discontinued. This one is from the '90's and does not sound near as good as the older ones. there were some plastic models from the '70's that sounded a little better; but, not much. This one also plays 8, 16, and 33 and has a pitch control.

Circa '59 Phonola stereo portable with a transformer powered SE 6AQ5 amp. This looks very much like an RCA model from '58, only this one uses a VM changer. The amp actually is an RCA.

'57 Magnavox mono consolette.

Front of the '57 Magnavox

Late '50's Silvertone AM radio/hi-fi phonograph

L.M. Sandwick 78 rpm institutional phonograph from the '40's

VM tri-o-speed from the early '50's that someone removed the tonearm, knobs, and tubes from. One day, I hope to piece it back together if I can find the correct style tonearm.

Admiral radio/phono in rough shape

Early RCA Victor 45 rpm attachment to be plugged into the phono input of a radio or TV set.

Columbia "one tube wonder" 45 rpm phonograph.