View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 04:25 PM
Alchemizes cash to tubes

Well, I just wrapped the capacitor swap today. Removed the diode and rectifier from the circuit as well, and swapped in a new rectifier and dropping resistor. There's still a few things to do - the cabinet needs to be cleaned up, I need to fix that knob, replace the dial string, and, as I was warned, the alignment is pretty off. I've reached out to the shop a town over from me, so my hope is to go ahead and outsource the dial string and alignment to someone more experienced while I tackle the cabinet. I'm hoping to learn the ins and outs of radio alignment eventually, but from the looks of it, this isn't a great beginner set for that. Oh well.

I asked this before, but wanted to see if I could get any info. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good bakelite adhesive? One of my knobs has a split in the face, and I'd like to repair it. I'm thinking of cushioning a vice grip with a washcloth or something along those lines, and clamping it together to try and get a tight fit without doing any further damage. Is regular superglue the way to go here?