View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 03:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIPS View Post
I went to check their hours on their website and was stunned to find this message.

They were the last old but really good component stores in the Vancouver area. I travelled 300km to pick up supplies. They were also very skilled with older items and could get you just about any belt, capacitor or tube you needed, plus there was a tester in the corner.
I remember hearing about Danny passing earlier in the year but Phil is news to me.
I know they have a number of gems in their inventory and a lot of NOS TV and radio components. No onesies or twosies for ordering but I'm sure if you are looking to build a large inventory of parts it might be worth contacting them for a detailed list of their inventory.

Sorry to hear that. We had a similar kind of electronics store here in Houston that was one of my favorite places to shop. It closed for a very different reason, though. A hospital wanted the land to build a parking garage. They offered the owner an obscene amount of money and of course he accepted.

When it was being liquidated I got to go into the back room. Only about a third of the massive building was open to the public and I always wondered what was in the rest of it. Turns out it was a shooting range, and over the years they had been using it for some sort of government R&D...