View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 07:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

21AXP22A Replacement in CTC-5

Hi Folks:

I have this CTC-5 that unfortunately has a necked 21AXP22A. I plan on installing either a CY or FB and am seeking ideas on mounting from those that have been down this road already. No sense re-inventing the wheel. I know RCA made a conversion kit for this and I have the kit instructions but I am sure there are no kits around anymore. I also know some slight mods need to be made to the drive circuitry and I have the info on that. I think there may be a slight curvature difference in the faceplates of the metal and glass CRTs but that is not a show stopper.

The plastic boot that currently mounts the metal CRT is not going to fit on the glass CRT so my first thought is to locate a metal mounting collar and hardware from a trashed or gutted later style cabinet such as a 9, 10, 11 or 12. Anyone have one I could purchase? I am also interested in what other methods have been used by those who have done this already.

The second part to this is the yoke mounting. The yoke is designed to mount to the plastic boot so a modified mounting method is needed to hold it in place. I imagine I can come up with a clamp arrangement but would like to hear from others that have done this. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I know everyone enjoys seeing pictures so one is attached. It is a Chandler in walnut with UHF. BTW - anyone have 4 gold metal 6" legs they don't need? I have some wooden ones that will do for now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03042.jpg (51.0 KB, 77 views)