View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 02:16 PM
<----Zenith C845

Fisherdude, OldWolf,

Thanks much for the kind words. That's what we AKers are here for, to help each other out when we run into a sticky problem or need information on a piece of equipment (radio, TV, etc.) we are trying to restore and/or repair. I personally have been interested in electronics and radio since I was eight years old (I will be 50 in July), and an amateur radio operator since the age of 15; I must enjoy this stuff immensely if I've stayed with it this long. I'm always glad to help out wherever I can, although most of my experience has been with tube-powered radios, TVs and ham gear; I'll leave the solid-state stuff to the other folks here who know it better than I.

Fisherdude, I also concur with your last sentence in your post. I love being a member of AK as well. Been here three years and have no intention of leaving any time soon. You guys are the greatest! Without AK, who knows what might have happened to all the antique/vintage radios and TVs we have brought to life, very often (more often than not) after they have been given up for dead on curbs, treelawns, etc.? Don't forget, we are also preserving radio and TV history by restoring these venerable old soldiers. Sets made by the original Magnavox, GE, RCA, Zenith, etc. are treasures, as the old ones (ca. 1920s-'60s for radios and '40s-'70s for electronic television) are becoming scarce. Every set we can restore to past glory is one more we have saved from the landfill.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 03-29-2006 at 02:21 PM.