Thread: modulator
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 03:24 AM
VideoKarma Member

Here's my setup.. I just got another one that's a 450A model that only does the lower end VHF.. I got a good deal on the 450 model and took a chance with an as is auction, and it also works great.. I've got it the broadcast channel 10 which I can go down a few houses with my Sony Watchman and it still having a viewable pic.. I don't even have antennas on the TVs in the house other than the coax cable hookup and they come in clear.. I'm broadcasting on a VHF and a UHF channel between the two.. I may go as far as putting an antenna outside with a transformer to see if I can get several blocks of a watchable signal.. I found an old computer power station last Saturday at a local thrift for $3.. So that's good for shutting things off.. TV below it has slight hum bars and the one in the living room does too, but the other sets don't.. I think it's because they are plugged into a power strip, or near the cable hookups..

Last edited by tvcollector; 03-05-2015 at 03:32 AM.