View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 05:59 PM
returning hobbyist

Hello Electronic M! I have a picture of the front, but I was trying to capture the dial more than the other knobs. It does include the volume/balance knob, hope this is what you are looking for. Picked it up for $50, but it had some issues, no fm mpx along with weak FM reception, and the radio/phono was an add on instead of built in. I don't like having external components on hot chassis, so I just removed the input jack and switch. I'd rather have it "stock". I did recap it and replace the rectifier.

Picked up a Royal 2000 this summer at "Radio Daze", the Northland Antique Radio Club event. I didn't realize what a performer it was, especially being that it was made in 1961 or thereabouts. It was dead, but easy to repair.

It's funny, I seem to be drawn to the Zenith brand. I also have a MM2670 console (1964) that will blow your socks off with it's sound. The germanium transistors for the driver and outputs were good, but I changed them over to silicon so I don't have to worry later on. Had to change the bias on those circuits. It's got a healthy 25+ watts per channel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zenith MJ1035 dial (600 x 338).jpg (74.9 KB, 12 views)