View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 01:11 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Godfrey Daniel....

And most of youse byrds likely know what I really mean by THAT. I am wanting to buy a simple extendable FM antenna that I could install on a 90 degree PL-259 jack in the back of my JRC NRD-545 receiver that has an 30MhZ-1000 MhZ adapter as well, so as to get all the local FM stations, police, air, what have you. Might gat a similar set up for my ICOM R-7000, which is a dedicated/proper UHF/VHF rig. Shame to have these wondrous rigs, & no "Tennas" for 'em. Oh, I likely DO have what I need here at the Casa De Sandy, but I think that its all downstairs in the Funk & Turdingtons in my basement, & I DON'T wanna go down there anymore than I just HAVE to. Sure do wish RatShak was still around- I made fun of them, but I SURE miss 'em now that they're gone. Shit, I could about go to the part of my local RatShak & get what I wanted even now w/my eyes closed... I've looked on the internet, & apparently, one cannot pick up a telephone, call some outfit that sells electronic "Odds 'n' Ends" like this, or a spool of speaker wire, unless you wanna "Go Online".... Shit, lemme just TALK to somebody who is at least a TINY bit savvy about this stuff, I'll give him my credit card #, & we're done in 5 minutes tops. Why is that such a hard concept for some outfit that sells this Schtuff to unnerstan', Pancho ? Or is Der Internet MANDATED for all this, too ?!? As I said, "Godfrey Daniel"....That was what William Claude Dukinfield would exclaim in a lot of his moves when exasperated, or not wanting to rile up the Hayes Office.... (Grin)