View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 10:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

well, i looked, both tubes are the same, they both are FJP22s. but the admiral mounting band ISNT the same, so i will have to change the mounting bands, and put the degousser on this tube. I found some stickers on the tube covered in dust, i cleaned them off to find the tube type, and date code.

Get this one: The tube that was bad, thats currently in teh set, and im pulling out: Has a date code of '63 odd. the set was made in what, 66 or 67?

it was either a overstock of older tubes that zenith put in there, or a service shop put an older stock tube in there. that explaines why it went to air. its older than the chassus.

i just loooove how zenith made this set, I have to pull the tuners, and wires, and all kinds of crap before I can pull the chassis, and you cant even get to the front tuner and bezel screws hardly at all. Crappy design on thier part. but, I have to unmount the front metal, and pull it out the cabnet so I can put the new tube on the mount and stick the front metal mount back into the TV and rebolt it. PAIN. but oh well.

Last edited by mbates14; 02-21-2005 at 10:21 PM.