View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 08:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

Here are a few of mine. Most still need to be restored.

Mid '60's battery operated Mercury (made by Philips) all transistor portable. Needs new belts and a new cartridge.

Late '40's Decca 78 RPM "one tube wonder". Needs a cartridge.

American Foundation for the Blind model AC-50 talking book reproducer. Plays 33 and 78 rpm. Works; but, has a hum (sounds ground related) that I need to clear up.

Circa '53 Columbia "360" consolette record player. Uses a PP-35L6 power amp and a VM changer. Needs caps and changer work.

Newcomb R124V tube classroom record player from the early '60's. Needs an idler wheel.

Newcomb AV10 tube record player from the '60's. This was one of the better models with seperate bass and treble controls with jacks for connecting other equipment. Uses a SE-6BQ5 based amp.

Circa 1960 Webcor "Holiday" portable stereo phonograph. This is a low end model with seperate volume controls and a single 50EH5 for each channel.

Mid '60's talking book reproducer. This is a tube unit that was built by Waters-Conley for the Gov't funded talking book program. Plays 8, 16, and 33 rpm. I like this machine much better than the newer plastic models.